LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

winchester21

This incident happened Friday morning to a friend of mine who lives in an upscale area near Spring TX. My friend is leaving at 5:50 to go to work. A Lincoiln Navagator is driving through the neighborhood with the lights off. There is a suspicious looking person driving. Frank calls his cop buddy who happens to be patroling the area and his wife to warn her. SHe calls the neighbors to keep an eye out. Ths cop drives into the neighborhood to find the SUV parked and empty. He runs the plates and nothing. The police action can go no further at this point so he leaves to go get a water at the 7-11 planning to return and wait for the driver to return. halfway there the cop gets a call that the vehicle is stolen so re races back to the SUV. In the meantime theSUV driver walks up to a house that looked empty and starts kicking the front door. After several kicks he goes to the back door and smashes the back door window out with a large rock and sticks his arm into the door fumbling around trying to reach the lock. The homeowner was home. He grabs a machette and starts hacking the bad guy's fingers and arm. The bad guy screams and falls out into the back yard. The homeowner runs out and starts hacking away at the bad guy- chasing him down the street yelling at him to stop. By this time the neighbors are out of their houses tackling the burglar beating him with baseball bats and hacking away with the machette. The cop arrives and pulls the crowd off the burglar. A further serach of the vehicle reveals a videocam with footage of houses and people leaving for work.

Now the scary part- the burglar had walked into an unlocked house after the husband left for work and took the keys from the change tray with the wife sleeping. he returned 2 days later with the keys and took the car from the driveway to do the burglaries.

I have been getting slack lately but this wake up call prompted a family meeting about keeping the doors/windows locked at all times.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly - I dont know all of the details. He went to the hospital in pretty bad shape hacked up and beat to a pulp. The bad guy was conscious and told the ploice that this random guy chased him down the road and started hacking him up for no reason. He is charged with several felonies. Now my friend has to miss work and go to police interviews and ID the guy. I am armed all of the time and now I will do a better job of locking my doors. I get cold chills when I think of the guy wallking into the unlocked house with the woman asleep stealing the keys.

I was told a long time ago by a "professional" thief that locks are only to keep the honest people honest.

"Build a better mouse trap and some SOB will come up with a better mouse". His words not mine.

I have an alarm system in place all the time with back up. With or without electricity it's active 24/7.

I also am never over one step from a defensive weapon in my home and ALWAYS armed to protect myself and loved ones when I walk out the door.

Many states frown upon protecting yourself unfortunately with criminals having more rights than the victims. I hope the victim isn't victimized by the legal system on top of being victimized by the criminal.

I'll bet there's enough of us electronics geeks, modders, and tweekers, that have some "bizzare" form of alarm system in place.

I for one have had to face an intruder in my home. I was NOT prepared for it and was totally at the mercy of the evil that invaded my home. I had a gun to my head by one of the intruders while the other ransacked my home, drank my beer, and fixed themselves something to eat. It lasted almost a half hour. My wife and son were also threatened by the same gun as I sat helpless.

I knew one of the intruders and was convinced we were going to be killed. Only by the grace from above were we spared.

Never again will that happen. I pray I never to be faced with the choice to have to defend myself but I will if necessary.

Harry

Murphy's Law is the part I dread for the homeowner..... especially after reading the part of what the bad guy attempted to claim to the police.... The scenario would be the bad guy attempting to sue the home owner for hacking him up.... Attempts to claim excessive use of force.... Sad but true, as it sounds like this bad guy knew exactly what to "claim" to the police. The rest of the "baseball bat team" may also end up being sued.

Now whether or not the bad guy gets away with it is immaterial; but what will happen if he tries it is that the homeowner will be unable to sell his house, etc. have to hire an attorney, attempt a summary dismissal, and if the judge is a liberal twit and allows it to proceed, face depositions, etc by the bad guy's attorney who will attempt to go after a settlement from the the homeowner's insurance company. Reason? They like to settle rather than go to trial. In some states, it won't work because you can't sue someone for injuries incurred when you are committing a felony, and I believe Texas is one of them.

Sure hope the homeowner told the police that he truly believed his life was in imminent danger. That should cover the hacking part. The baseball bat gang, however, could have some explaining to do if the police reports are not done, shall we say, correctly....

I'll bet there's enough of us electronics geeks, modders, and tweekers, that have some "bizzare" form of alarm system in place.

The cop should have let them finish the guy off. I have zero tolerance for that kind of stuff.

My 5 indoor dogs go ballistic anytime someone is near our mailbox or down by the dock. Both happen to be something like 1,000 / 1,500 feet away (never measured). They're part of my layered, integrated early warning system.

Kinda makes you wonder where the border to excesive use of force is...

I do not condone what this guy did and if the home owner would have aced him in his home I would think different. Retaining until the police get there is something else.If they would have killed him they would have been wrong and might just have regretted it!

I will shut up now!!![:#]

Kinda makes you wonder where the border to excesive use of force is...

I do not condone what this guy did and if the home owner would have aced him in his home I would think different. Retaining until the police get there is something else.If they would have killed him they would have been wrong and might just have regretted it!

I will shut up now!!!Zip it!

This happened in Texas.

Laws are different in Texas, you can shoot them fleeing from the property if you are feerful of your life.

Most other states, the body better be inside the house.

Roger

My Dersert Eagle .50 with laser sighting is always loaded and within reach!

Geese, Neo how big are the bad guys down there, wouldn't a 45 do the trick?

Thanx, Russ

Russ,

As far as I am concerned, the .50 AE is underpowered for the job. As far as I am concerned, overkill is nescesary so you take as little of a chance as possible of wounding the intruder.

Primary home defence wepon, semi auto 12 gauge with short deer slug barrel and 3 inch magnum shells. First round #4 shot, second in in #2 shot, #3 & #4 are double 00, then subsequent rounds are fletchets and slugs.

As far as the .50 AE, I would hollow out the 300 grainers, fill with mercury, and solder them closed. The theif will not be suing you if you hit him.

Roger

ANYONE breaking into your home has to be considered a threat to your life.

Once the bleeding heart tree hugging lawyers and judges get involved it gets twisted all out of shape.

Dead men tell no tales.

A bad guy is a bad guy. I have no use for them and no compassion or sympathy. I won't lose a seconds sleep unless I have to clean up a mess. PERIOD!

I was told a long time ago by a "professional" thief that locks are only to keep the honest people honest.

"Build a better mouse trap and some SOB will come up with a better mouse". His words not mine.

I have an alarm system in place all the time with back up. With or without electricity it's active 24/7.

I also am never over one step from a defensive weapon in my home and ALWAYS armed to protect myself and loved ones when I walk out the door.

Many states frown upon protecting yourself unfortunately with criminals having more rights than the victims. I hope the victim isn't victimized by the legal system on top of being victimized by the criminal.

I for one have had to face an intruder in my home. I was NOT prepared for it and was totally at the mercy of the evil that invaded my home. I had a gun to my head by one of the intruders while the other ransacked my home, drank my beer, and fixed themselves something to eat. It lasted almost a half hour. My wife and son were also threatened by the same gun as I sat helpless.

I knew one of the intruders and was convinced we were going to be killed. Only by the grace from above were we spared.

Never again will that happen. I pray I never to be faced with the choice to have to defend myself but I will if necessary.

Harry

Harry,

I have at least one weapon hidden in every room for just such an occasion.

Guy tried to rob my house, but we had a tip he was comming. We had a cop in the house laying on the floor, cop 1/4 mile in unmarked car at neighbors house, and another car that was not allowed down my road until he enterd, cruising down ajacent side roads.

Guy had a black book with peoples names, phone numbers, and a calander. He would call and hang up, and mark on calander the day, the time, and if the people answered, to pattern when you were home.

The guy knocked on the front door, knocked on the back door, went to the car and brought out a crowbar, but got scared and they had a high speed persuit. He had previous B&Es, plus a warant for skipping a court date on a hit and run with a stolen car. He was supposed to do 25 years, but got out in under two years on shock probation.

In the area where my parrents bought there new house, there has been a rash of B&Es. At one house, a furnace repair guy showed up and they bound him up and left him.

Roger

Like I said I am not rooting for the bad guy.

It is just where does protecting your house and home turn into murder because the guy is fleeing and is no longer a threat? If he is fleeing why should I fear for my life? If I read right they ran behind him to get em.

Just wondering

I have no problem with the idea of a burgaler or a child molester having their life ended by a bulet in the back as they run away.

The main problem is as the economy continues to get worse, I believe we will see more of this.

Roger

ANYONE breaking into your home has to be considered a threat to your life.

Once the bleeding heart tree hugging lawyers and judges get involved it gets twisted all out of shape.

Dead men tell no tales.

A bad guy is a bad guy. I have no use for them and no compassion or sympathy. I won't lose a seconds sleep unless I have to clean up a mess. PERIOD!

Dude I have no probs when the guy is taken out to save you or your loved ones!!!! I just wanted to know where the threat is when he is running away and a mob is trouncing on him? Like I said I am not saying what he did was right!!!

Threat situations was a big part of my Army training and I could not see a threat anymore with a guy on the ground bieng beaten to death. If the death penalty is now normal for burgularly then more power to ya. But I don´t think it is like that.