LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

winchester21

Premeditation can be as bried af looking over your shouler, seeing a knife and using it. It is very easy to prove. Chasing him down the street is also very problematic as he is "defenseless." It seems to me that if you are willing to invade someone's home, or rob them or otherwise put them in danger, you are assuming the risk of serious bodily injury or death. Problem is that the law does not work that way.

Oddly enough, if the angry mob chased the guy and mixed him up with someone else and killed them, the burglar would face murder charges for the guys death (felony murder) because someone was killed in the course of his committing a felony (technically, the felony had ended so he can claim that).

There was a case where a few guys went nuts while robbing a bank and had a long standoff with automatic weapons, they killed or injured many innocent people and law enforcement. One of the guys was shot and it took a while for the ambulance to get there. The evidence looks like the police "may" have intentinally delayed the ambulance having access until this POS died. They were sued because the guy, after shooting a bunch of innocent people, had the right to medical treatment after he was no longer a threat.

The Holiwood bank robery, and you can see footage on you tube of them taking him down and delaying medical attention.

There was a law suit in Arkansas where a home invader was carrying a tv down from upstairs and fell and permanetly injured himself. He sued for negligence and got $60,000 because the home didn't have handrails on the stair case.

Roger

but if the homeowner shot and killed that home invader before he had time to loose his balance on the stairs, all would be ok.

JB,

It's Arkansas, birth place of WJC. what do you expect?

Roger

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was perhaps playing devils advocate here, if it was my house I would have waited until he was in. Then taken him out. I would not however chase him down the street with a machete and try to chop him into pieces, that is pre-meditated in my book. Also when someone is lying on the ground and cannot defend himself I would not keep at it just to kill him because I can. I have seen what mobs can do, is is not pretty and people die. Once again we will agree to disagree and have a beer. Beer

Insert yeeeeehaaaaa and gun shootin at this point.

It's good to play the devil's advocate!

Following after them is actually not legal in most states. If you are chasing them, then your life is NOT being threatened. The threat is gone when they leave. You can't kill someone because the 'might' come back to hurt you. That would mean you could kill your neighbor because he might attack you.

I don't see any logic in your statement at all??? [^o)][<:o)][<:o)][<:o)][:|]

The fact is this took place in Texas, and you can kill them for exactly this reason.

There was a case not to long ago in Texas where the guy shot people robbing his neighbors house and got away with it.

Roger

I don't see any logic in your statement at all??? HmmParty!!!Party!!!Party!!!Indifferent

The fact is this took place in Texas, and you can kill them for exactly this reason.

There was a case not to long ago in Texas where the guy shot people robbing his neighbors house and got away with it.

Roger

Except that this thread turned into a more generic, 'here in the U.S.' response. Most of the U.S. isn't like Texas. Take it for what it is, however you want.

Update- the burglar was in surgery Friday. The officer had a list of questions to ask him with particular interest to the contents of the videocam but he was not able to talk at the end of the officers shift. This is a closely knit community in an area where people in general have little or no tolerance for this type of criminal behavior. I certainly do not. I just hope my friends here take a few extra minutes to check their doors at night before trurning in and check the garage/carport area when getting up to go to work.

had my house broke into once. they never caught the people. i thought i was okay because i had replacement insurance coverage. then the insurance company says that i have to buy the items and them send them the receipt as proof that i replaced the stuff, then they'd depreciate it and send me what was left. that made me so mad--what if i don't have the money to replace the items? fortunately, they only took a mac and a laptop and some minor items--had a pair of heresy speakers and the entire synergy F3 set-up, with a nice amp all right there but they didn't touch it. guess they were looking for stuff they could carry out easily.

criminals suck! i'm really getting sick of a lot of stuff--i work in an active gang area and everything that isn't moving is getting graffeti spray painted on it. can't walk through our parking lot without seeing syringes or used condoms. i like to walk at lunch; but, i can't enjoy it, as i'm too busy looking at the ground trying not to step on this stuff.

Dear all,

1. the bad guy is a jerk and would seem to be in need of punishment, but not by the neighbors.

2. i have no problem with any of us defending ourselves or loved ones, but when he was running away,caught and detained . . . . .he should have been detained, not butchered.

3. if we want to be a civilized society, they we need to act up to the standard that we want for all of us; do we all want to go back to the wild west? the real wild west, not the romanticized crap in the john wayne westerns?

4. don't we all have an obligation to each other to "do better" than the neighbors did in this case? don't we want our neighbors to act better than these "neighbors"?

5. or do we all want to be just a different brand of gangbangers, more affluent and living in suburbia?

And Neo, you muslim lover you, "Deer" is already plural, so don't add an "S".

if we want to be a civilized society, they we need to act up to the standard that we want for all of us; do we all want to go back to the wild west? the real wild west, not the romanticized crap in the john wayne westerns?

Sometimes it really appears as if a large segment of American culture is based on that roughly twenty-year period of the "Wild West". "Frontier Justice" was more like lawlessness and brutality and not something to be admired or build a culture around. The Norwegians and Danes don't try to act or think like Vikings anymore, except maybe in annual parades for fun.

... I just hope my friends here take a few extra minutes to check their doors at night before trurning in and check the garage/carport area when getting up to go to work.

Thanks for looking out for us!! For when we are not at home or the wife is alone we have a "breakin proof" lock with an additional reinforced bolt lock ( http://www.abus.de/us/main.asp?ScreenLang=us&select=0101b09&artikel=4003318106729 ). 99,9% of German house doors cannot be opened without a key from the outside, if you forget them you need a locksmith to get back in. The extra safety from the bolt lock is reassuring, they would need to bring either a torch cutter or mobile power cutter to get in. Which of course makes for a prety noisy breakin.

Petty crime is growing here as well but nowhere near how it is in the states. The crimanals are learing from the states though and getting more violent.

Retaining until the police get there is something else

Sounded to me like they tried to retain him there.... at least his arm? Yes

Richard,

They wanted to make sure they had a fresh set of prints in case he got away! Big Smile

Roger

They were just trying to dis-arm him!

Sorry, I couldn't restrain myself. It's not a humorous situation.

Lock Your Doors and secure your home. It may help.

Yes, as/if the economy worsens we'll probably see more homes broken into and more people hurt. More lives damaged or changed forever.

Yes, there's always the possibility of retaliation IF the criminal gets away. I for one don't want to worry that IF a criminal gets away he/she will come back. I say she because it's getting more common. Recently, here in Indy a man was shot in the face by a woman when he opened his door. She was killed but AFTER she'd shot the homeowner. He was lucky he wasn't killed. That happened only a month or so ago.

There's been a rash of home break-ins here in Indy with some good people losing their lives to criminals and home invasions.

Predators will continue to prey on the weak. They will NOT stop unless stopped.

There are those of us that will NOT protect themselves and hope for the best. I understand that. I won't depend on dumb luck again.

The laws should be written to protect the innocent and the court system should have common sense. Unfortunately common sense has little to do with the way law is interpreted as far as I can tell.

Should justice be served by the neighbors "detaining" the invader. Probably not but I have to admit I liked the fact that the neighborhood was looking out for their own interests. Tough situation, not legal most likely.

Repeat offenders of violent crime SHOULD NOT be released and returned to society to continue terrorizing and victimizing the good folks of our society. WHY is this happening? Remember this and don't let this part of the legal system continue selling us down the river. Speak up when you see these injustices performed.

Yes, we've become civilized to a point. I believe in individual rights. We do NOT have many individual rights left and our voting may help to retain them.

Civilized may be a good thing. "John Wayne" Justice. LOL! There were the good guys in white hats and there were the bad guys wearing black hats. The good and bad will always be "dueling".

Give me a break. "Your criminals are learning from our criminals". You really didn't say that did you? Think while you drink buddy.

OK, for you criminals out there...Here it is. Plain and simple......

If you break into my home and I can do anything about it. YOU WILL NOT LEAVE ALIVE.

Threat assessment training?...there's a lot of us here that have been "skilled on paper" and all too many of us with "on the job training". Situations dictate decisions as you know. I guess a lot of it depends on how and who trained you.

Criminals....IF you get away and beat the court system....Well, I guess you got a good atty and a bad prosecuter. And it wasn't election time.

You may beat the court system but....If you've terrorized me or my family and gone free....IF I'm worrying so much I can't sleep because you've damaged my life, family, home, and peace of mind....I'm coming for you. I won't stop until I stop you from threatening me or destroying someone else's lives. I will not stop until my task is done. And when my task is done I won't lose another minute's sleep over you. Hear me well.

I choose my rights over the criminals. Simple.

"please protect us from evil in any form"

Harry

Give me a break. "Your criminals are learning from our criminals". You really didn't say that did you? Think while you drink buddy.

Probably over siplified but yes, do not underestemate the power of America in this respect. I am talking about the young criminals willing to "go the extra mile" because of what is seen and done in the states. The over glorified "Get rich or die tryin", "I´m takin what I want because I can´t get it anyway else" if this message has not been sent out then I appologize and the press/media here are telling lies, and I don´t drink this early in the morning.

You may beat the court system but....If you've terrorized me or my family and gone free....IF I'm worrying so much I can't sleep because you've damaged my life, family, home, and peace of mind....I'm coming for you. I won't stop until I stop you from threatening me or destroying someone else's lives. I will not stop until my task is done. And when my task is done I won't lose another minute's sleep over you. Hear me well.

I respect this, I am also not prey. It is your decision if you want to hunt him down and "stop him from threatening you or destroying someone else´s lives", what I read as kill him, then it is what you got to do. You also realize what happens to you IF you get caught and get lock up for this scum. It is your decision to make.

Probably over siplified but yes, do not underestemate the power of America in this respect. I am talking about the young criminals willing to "go the extra mile" because of what is seen and done in the states. The over glorified "Get rich or die tryin", "I´m takin what I want because I can´t get it anyway else" if this message has not been sent out then I appologize and the press/media here are telling lies, and I don´t drink this early in the morning.

I respect this, I am also not prey. It is your decision if you want to hunt him down and "stop him from threatening you or destroying someone else´s lives", what I read as kill him, then it is what you got to do. You also realize what happens to you IF you get caught and get lock up for this scum. It is your decision to make.

Let's just start with "don't blame entertainment" for behavior. Character is instilled long before someone watches a movie.

I agree with you on all points. TO A POINT. I understand your thinking.

Harry

Premeditation can be as bried af looking over your shouler, seeing a knife and using it. It is very easy to prove. Chasing him down the street is also very problematic as he is "defenseless." It seems to me that if you are willing to invade someone's home, or rob them or otherwise put them in danger, you are assuming the risk of serious bodily injury or death. Problem is that the law does not work that way.

Oddly enough, if the angry mob chased the guy and mixed him up with someone else and killed them, the burglar would face murder charges for the guys death (felony murder) because someone was killed in the course of his committing a felony (technically, the felony had ended so he can claim that).

There was a case where a few guys went nuts while robbing a bank and had a long standoff with automatic weapons, they killed or injured many innocent people and law enforcement. One of the guys was shot and it took a while for the ambulance to get there. The evidence looks like the police "may" have intentinally delayed the ambulance having access until this POS died. They were sued because the guy, after shooting a bunch of innocent people, had the right to medical treatment after he was no longer a threat.

The Holiwood bank robery, and you can see footage on you tube of them taking him down and delaying medical attention.

There was a law suit in Arkansas where a home invader was carrying a tv down from upstairs and fell and permanetly injured himself. He sued for negligence and got $60,000 because the home didn't have handrails on the stair case.

Roger

but if the homeowner shot and killed that home invader before he had time to loose his balance on the stairs, all would be ok.

JB,

It's Arkansas, birth place of WJC. what do you expect?

Roger

If you injure yourself while tresspassing and commiting a crime on someone else's property, you should not be able to collect for damages IMO.

If I get all sauced up and decide for shiz and giggles I want to break into the local zoo and tease the lions from inside their cage and while commiting my drunkin rampage the lion takes my arm... is the zoo at fault?