Trying to decide location and what to do?

• Klipsch Employees

Ok gang, I have some “interest” questions for you.

1. Would as many come to Hope, Arkansas for the meeting as would come to Indy?
  2. Would any of you be interested in an auction of historical audio and other gear?
    1. old amps
    2. old speakers
    3. old drivers for old speakers
    4. old horns for old drivers for old speakers
    5. avation gear (from PWK)
    6. old engineers (that is if Becky doesn't want Hunter back)
    7. you get the idea
  3. If in Hope, what would you want to see / do?

Would as many come to Hope, Arkansas for the meeting as would come to Indy?

If schedule allows

Would any of you be interested in an auction of historical audio and other gear?

Stories behind them but not in buying

If in Hope, what would you want to see/do?

Meeting and greeting, update on Klipsch activities, Goat Roper

• Moderators

Ok gang, I have some “interest” questions for you.

1. Would as many come to Hope, Arkansas for the meeting as would come to Indy? The dtel's are in if we are going to Hope...a lot closer to home
  2. Would any of you be interested in an auction of historical audio and other gear?
    1. old amps
    2. old speakers
    3. old drivers for old speakers
    4. old horns for old drivers for old speakers
    5. avation gear (from PWK)
    6. old engineers (that is if Becky doesn't want Hunter back)
    7. you get the idea of course
  3. If in Hope, what would you want to see / do? Goat Roper, audition new Klipsch gear, get together at the Farm House, meet and greet with Hope employees, tour plant, have a great time as always with good friends.

old engineers (that is if Becky doesn't want Hunter back)

OMG, don't tell me he flipped her the bird too?

I'd rather visit Hope than Indy again.

I think it would be interesting to have a chance to obtain something historic.

I'm calling DIBBS on the electro-shock machine! [:|]

• Klipsch Employees

I will get with Hunter and post some pics of the sale gear.

We are looking at Hope due to the sale gear. If it looks like the gear will not sale, we may keep the meeting in Indy to make it easy.

FYI: this is not gear that has been on display. It is gear that is stored and will fade away unless we do something with it. It is not stuff that we want or need in the musuem. Some of it was PWK's, the rest is from all over. The pic's should tell the story about most of it. We will not be making a list unless we do go to Hope and ready it for sale. You guys will get first shot. after that we will ebay or some other way sell it.

Hope is MUCH closer to Dallas than Indianapolis... so that would be a big plus for me. Need to know dates/times though to confirm one way or the other. Regarding the auction, if it is Klipsch/PWK related items then it would be interesting. Personally i'd like to see the factory and/or construction of Khorn, LaScala, etc.

I see an 8" "heresy", the early little ***. Many different horns and drivers...

I see BOSE!

I of course am a huge Hope fan. I would love to make it back there to see my good friends, but money is especially tight. IF I were able to go, the attractions/events I'd like to see/do would be: The Goat Roper, the plant, and especially a Trey Cannon Roast!!

Oh, I'd like to meet Steven, and maybe Amy.

I of course am a huge Hope fan. I would love to make it back there to see my good friends, but money is especially tight. IF I were able to go, the attractions/events I'd like to see/do would be: The Goat Roper, the plant, and especially a Trey Cannon Roast!!

This seems to be one big advantage of Hope -- to meet and greet the many TX, LA, MS, and AR Forum friends we mostly don't get to see at Indy.

I'd like to attend in Hope or Indy.

If at Hope, maybe there could be a semi-official, but organized trip to the diamond field and historic sites (as before on that) on one or two days. That could help if the guys have SO and kinder along.

Wm McD

I will get with Hunter and post some pics of the sale gear.

We are looking at Hope due to the sale gear. If it looks like the gear will not sale, we may keep the meeting in Indy to make it easy.

FYI: this is not gear that has been on display. It is gear that is stored and will fade away unless we do something with it. It is not stuff that we want or need in the musuem. Some of it was PWK's, the rest is from all over. The pic's should tell the story about most of it. We will not be making a list unless we do go to Hope and ready it for sale. You guys will get first shot. after that we will ebay or some other way sell it.

I'm interested in what will be available and I'm local : ) Shoot me a list or pics if and when they are ready.

Gil, diamond diggin' sounds like fun! We could make our own styli!!

The trick to finding big diamonds is to have a group of 8yo girls looking for them as they also find them. I say we get about 20 of them and tie ropes to them so as they find diamonds they won't get away. [6]

have a group of 8yo girls looking for them as they also find them. I say we get about 20 of them and tie ropes to them so as they find diamonds they won't get away

Ya know that's frowned on....even in East Tennessee.... [^o)]

• Moderators

Gil,

The Diamond Mine is fun....one drawback...in summer it is very, very hot with little shade. It is definitely a "working" mine. Both times we have visited the diamond mine the ground was extremely hard. It is my understanding the diamond field is plowed regularly, however those times are not announced in advance. IMO, there are several advantages to mining right after the field has been plowed. The gound is much softer and all of the rock material in the field is turned over. IMO ideal mining conditions would exist right after the field has been plowed and a light rain has ocurred.

There are numerous types of stone/rock material in the field in addition to any diamonds that may be there.

All of that being said, we fully intend to visit the diamond mine again.

Another wonderful experience we had was a visit to the bathouses in Hot Springs. A lot of the original bath houses have now been fully restored. Everything from manicures to hot baths to massages are available....at a very reasonable cost. This could be a trip both men and women could make, or it could be a nice trip to organize for the women attending.

We all enjoyed the Duck Tour in Hot Springs. If you have never experienced a "duck tour" this may the time to do so.

There is also a winery in Hot Springs, which may be interesting to see.