Heresy question

likemysteak

Those would have been so pretty at one point...brings a tear to my eye. Could possibly be a saving grace that they were laquered at the factory...some gentle sanding off of the laquer and maybe a bit of the veneer and a new coat of laquer will probably make them look a lot better...that damage to the top looks horrible though. I would love to find a project like that just to attempt it. Good luck!

You know, watermarks are a sign of real honest use. I'd give them a light sanding, get them as best I could without busting through the veneer, re-seal and call it a day. These are real vintage speakers, if they didn't have a few flaws, they wouldn't be as cool as they are, enjoy. Have fun.

Thanx, Russ

• 9 years later...

Hi I have a pair of black Klipsch heresys type hfbl with consistent numbers , they work great and look very good couple of chips no big deal just wondering what hfbl stands for and how much are they worth? And also the serial numbers are stamped into the wood also I'm in Las Vegas and just wondering if somebody can answer my questions it would be greatly appreciate it to know what I actually have thank you, Kevin