LED TV dilemma

DU73

So my friend has recently brought himself an LED TV and says the clarity is absolutely amazing but in one area too good. He mentioned when watching a real life thingy on tv like a tennis match, or wildlife doco or playing games like wii or ps3 or xbox the picture is nothing but breathtaking but with movies he can easily identify what is real and what is added on in a scene and he is desperately trying to fix so the clarity is not so defined. He did mention there is a movie mode button and did help a bit. Has anyone else had this issue or is there any settings anyone knows how to fix or maybe he should just play with the picture settings re contrast, colour, etc. but then IMO this defeats the purpose of having an LED TV.

i don't have and led tv but my son goes on line and types in the model number off the tv and gets a print out of the best settings. he just did this to my new samsung lcd.

if you need the website i will call him right now and post it for you.

Just a quick update.. I have passed on the above advice to my friend which he embraced and checked out and appreciated and with this he adjusted settings and also found there is a ‘motion plus’ option on his TV, if he disables this when watching movies it makes movie viewing great again, but when he is watching or playing pretty much anything else he needs to enable ‘motion plus’ to get the most out of the tv.. thanks again guys.. problem solved..