My new Rx-v765

Rsoxfan

My new Yamaha just arrived and I cant wait to compare it to my old rx-v757 but I am really not looking forward to hooking it up....All those wires...kid and cat trying to find out whats going on...stuffed in a cabinet holding the flashlight in my teeth... might be too early to call it, but i'm thinking this is a 6 beer job....

Haha....too funny. I used to milk it for all it was worth when I bought a new receiver etc, etc...

I recently bought a new receiver and did a quick-change. I must be getting old...LOL I stacked the two....transferred wires, had my wife help lift and remove the old one once all the wires were disconnected...LOL

It only took 2 minutes....Hah Everything sits forward so I can walk behind without moving anything....definitely makes changes easy.

hey mmsiman, how much did you pay for your 765? newegg is selling it now for $399 shipped. did you do better?

I didn't do that good...

So last nite I spent 2 hours setting it up..I watched Iron Man and a good portion of Transformers 2 then this morning I listened to a couple cd's.Then I spent 2 hours hooking my old 757 back up.I played with the 765 tried all the different settings/sound fields, to me none of them sound as good as the 757's standard setting..Thats just my opinion.....So now 765 is back in it's box sitting on my kitchen table....

Man, that sucks. Sorry dude. So, what's on the short list of potential replacements?

Originally i wanted an 1800 I just didn't want to spend that much money...I will probably pony up the extra cake and just go with the 1800...unless something else catches my ear..I'm in no rush so we'll see

I would say, check out the 1800 or even the 863. There has been a lot of comparison between the two and many think it is a better deal to go with the 863 rather than the 1800. If you feel the need for more power, you can always use the pre-outs and get an external amp. Either would be a step up from the 765. Yamaha skimped in the power supply area with the 765. Last years models seem to have been a lot more powerful. I recently had a 765, sold it, and then purchased an 863 without losing any money. Definitely an upgrade. At any rate, the 863 can be had for around $499[;)]