What's the difference.

CECAA850

First Pic = KP-201 - Basically a Heresy II with minor Pro Mods (Fused "pro" input cup, Pro paint or rat fur etc.)

I own some, I don't love them...

The second Picture is of HIP a true pro Heresy configuration with the heavy woofer (K-42) and K-55 Squawker and slot ports.

Picture looks like Black Glass and metal trim.

Love them. for the quality build.

Both are light on the bass but can REALLY crank out the vocals.

Others know more than me and I hope those others will chime in.

Noah

I don't think I have ever listened to the KP-250, to make the comparison. I know, I personally would want the HIP because of a more traditional Heritage type of sound and the looks. I would pull the trigger as those HIPs would be easy to move if you don't like them. If you have to know the differance in sound for sure before you buy, I would give Colter a shout out and ask him. I'm sure he probably has a half dozen of each or has owned them. [Y]

Roger

The HIP is older vintage, will contain a more 'heritage' like network (same construction and cap types) and may utilize an EVM 12L woofer instead of the Eminence-made K42. Mid will be K55V most likely, K77M tweeter

KP 250 is a ported H II design with heavy duty woofer K42 (the KP201 is a Heresy II in pro dress), a K53/K701 mid, and K79 tweeter. It will contain a different network made of more modern components, be fused, and have a KLIP circuit on the tweeter. If it's a KP250 type II you'll have tractrix horns for mid and high KP792 tweeter designation.

From the logo placard and carpet covering on yours I'd guess that they were WWR manufacture and are actually KP 2500's. WWR used all 4 digit numbers on theirs and some were made of OSB board which was always covered in rat fur.

Sound wise they will be relatively similar in that all ported heresy types exhibit more db spl and less LF than non ported types. Doc and I once ran curves and listening tests on HIP, H, KP201 and KP250 and without the aid of a sub and on ground plane outdoors (half space)- both preferred the sound of the non-ported designs in a volume-matched listening test.

And the BG covered HIP's will be heavy as hell!

Michael

KP-250 II.pdf

KP-250 II.pdf

KP-250 II.pdf

HIP, HI, HSM info

note details on the frequency response, db/w/mtr, and network

Many different cabinet finishes were available on these models. We've seen walnut HIP, birch raw HSM, HSM without heavy duty components etc here. Also models were made for churches with heritage grilles and no handles or corners.

HIP HISM.pdf

HIP HISM.pdf

HIP HISM.pdf

KP2502, that's what I thought from the red in the logo and the rat fur- that should have the tractrix horns like the KP250 II (in Klipsch parlance II or 2 usually meanst Tractrix as in forte II)

I see locking neutrik 1/4" jack, does it have speakons or dual bananas also? single or dual fuse holders?

You wouldn't be ahead with the HIP's other than they look uber cool with the glass and trim package.

Do you use yours with a sub of any type?

Michael

ps, this thread has a lot of info in it, could you change title of first post to 'Pro Heresy Comparisons'? I think that will help people look up stuff.

I use speakon and neutrik interchangeably. Maybe I'm wrong, but I use the large speakons that do a quarter twist and lock. There's no banana connectors and possibly 2 fuses (going from memory). I use 2 subs that I custom built and had coated with truck bedliner spray. Michael hurd gave me the displacement and tuning frequency. I took it from there. The combo pounds.

post-15193-13819540645848_thumb.jpg

post-15193-1381956785821_thumb.jpg

post-15193-13819569064556_thumb.jpg