What's the difference.

CECAA850

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice thread. Here is a pic of a different KP-201 than normally seen. I'd really like to see a spec sheet & brochure for these speakers if somebody has one. Ignore the upside down grill....

Emmvette displays a popular 'mod'. For installations near ceilings, flip the speakers over (like pros do in large cluster installations)- this puts the woofer closer to the 'horn' of the wall/ceiling convergence, and gets the HF horns away from the ceiling where reflections are a no-no. Then flip the grilles over so they appear right side up. This is how my KP201's are situated in my workshop high on a little shelves I built for them.

HP-1, HIP, HP, HSM, KP201 were used a LOT in churches, schools, and other commercial installations. For many years they were available in a large variety of finishes including raw, birch, oak, walnut, white painted, etc. Grilles for all but the HIP/HP series could have been Heritage style cloth or perforated metal.