Klipsch speakers suck.............

Buckeye_Nut

Again, my point which you and others may or may not agree to. I get tired of this line is better than that line, etc. etc. They're all made with different design goals. You may like the sound of this line over that line but it doesn't necessarily make it better, because I might feel just the opposite. I really like listening to the different lines and embrace their strengths and weaknesses. I think if more people owned, or have heard multiple lines then the debates may ebb slightly. I don't have a favorite line, I have a favorite manufacturer. Bottom line is BUY MORE KLIPSCH SPEAKERS.

Carl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, my point which you and others may or may not agree to. I get tired of this line is better than that line, etc. etc. They're all made with different design goals. You may like the sound of this line over that line but it doesn't necessarily make it better, because I might feel just the opposite. I really like listening to the different lines and embrace their strengths and weaknesses. I think if more people owned, or have heard multiple lines then the debates may ebb slightly. I don't have a favorite line, I have a favorite manufacturer. Bottom line is BUY MORE KLIPSCH SPEAKERS.

Carl

Carl,

I love all of Pauls creations and some Roy had a hand in as the Jubilee and KP-600s. I am pro / for Klipsch.

I bought my parents reference because there is no way my mom woul put up with a bulky speaker in her home, and they do well for surround sound yet are still very qualified for music. just not best IMHO

Roger

Hahaha - I started out with promedia ultras, then I found some used RF-83s locally - wasn't that a nice change? =D Then I picked up a pair of old Heresy IIs - and MAN are they SMOOTH... The midrange is beautiful. Currently working on restoring an old beat up pair of the original Heresy...

I listen to my reference for HT and my heritage for music (unless I'm too lazy to hook them up... I need an A/B configuration here). I don't know if I'll ever pick just one! Maybe Pallidiums would settle that - or would Jubs be the way to go =) I guess I'll never know until I own them all.

And of course I have my submersive holding the lower end of things with whichever I choose for my mains. =D

State of the Heritage:

Our Heritage is stronger than ever. And after more than half a centrury people, young and old alike, are still proudly standing by and defending their Heritage. We have revolutionize the audio world. And we will continue to be in the heart and soul of every listener worldwide. We are the Heritage. We are the world. We are Klipsch.

This argument is easy to solve.

Just drop any Heritage or Pro line on any Reference and then repeat the other way around.

The survivor wins.Big Smile

I think I have a Pro or two up to that challenge. What height drop are we talking about, and who owns reference with NADS big enough to step up to the plate? [:D]

Roger

Hmmm...... or should it be quality over quantity. Either way I got size, quality and quantity (check pics in my profile) so the short answer is no I'm not, or m'I ? We are still talking about speakers right?

That's a reeeeeal pudy mouth.... um er picture, you got there!

I've got you beat on Size and Quantity hands down! As far as Quality, mine aint near as purdy, but I'll call you on Quality of sound!

Roger

I think I have a Pro or two up to that challenge. What height drop are we talking about, and who owns reference with NADS big enough to step up to the plate? Big Smile

Roger

I figure less than a foot and theres not piece of MDF that would survive even a KP 201 being bounced off it.LOL

And the MDF that did survive would have the drivers shear off.[;)]

Hmmm...... or should it be quality over quantity. Either way I got size, quality and quantity (check pics in my profile) so the short answer is no I'm not, or m'I ? We are still talking about speakers right?

That's a reeeeeal pudy mouth.... um er picture, you got there!

I've got you beat on Size and Quantity hands down! As far as Quality, mine aint near as purdy, but I'll call you on Quality of sound!

Roger

I want proof!!!

Well the room is rather small so I could only display HALF of my collection

Disclaimer :

Only private owners allowed to participate, no dealer or professionalProof must be provided, photoshop and other programs not allowedOnly klipsch speakers to be used for the comparison Changes in the disclaimer may happen without rim or raison or noticeKeep it fair, keep it fun

Only a Reference guy would post something like that. A heritage owner would never joke about his speakers.Stick out tongue

Please don't get any of those Jubilee guys started....you know how sensative they are... Embarrassed

I decided not to include the nuts who bring movie theater speakers into their homes. You guys are in a class of your own. Talk to me when you got no class.[:P]

Hey. All Klipsch sound great. Even the lowly Synergy sounds really good. I think a few have even posted they liked the sound of some Synergy better than some Reference.

But from a shear volume of sound acoustical output... the Pro wins hands down.

The Reference will most likely get stomped by the Heritage - maybe with enough kilowatts the Reference might hold their own before voice coils start going up in smoke (please don't abuse your speakers like that)

The Heritage will get stomped by the Pro

The Headphones get stomped by all of the above - or if you play the stick 'em in your ears Klipsch that loud you probably can't hear well enough anymore to care.

Please gentlemen, don't drop Klipsch speakers on other Klipsch speakers.

Not so sure a Reference box could hold up to a motengator balanced on top.... much less being dropped on it.

If you want to crush something just set a Reference or Heritage box on one of Coytee's favorite little (rhymes with hose) cube or plastic CD/radio that allegedly sounds better than big speakers and a whole rack of components ... what are they comparing 'em with - white van speakers? (Rhymes with hose) might do pretty well in that comparison.

• Moderators

Only a Reference guy would post something like that. A heritage owner would never joke about his speakers.Stick out tongue

Please don't get any of those Jubilee guys started....you know how sensative they are... Embarrassed

I decided not to include the nuts who bring movie theater speakers into their homes. You guys are in a class of your own. Talk to me when you got no class.Stick out tongue

Here, hey over here, I have my hand up......over here.........[:$]