Best speakers for under $10 000

andruxa

... that you ever heard. Mostly for musical purposes.

I love my F2s, but I think they lack midrange and highs might be a bit harsh IF you're into music more (as opposed movie watching)

I am looking to upgrade but not too familiar with any BIG names in hifi speaker industry

I heard that PMCs are good, Martin Logan, maybe Paradigm or Energy?

Your inputs are welcome!

Ten grand, that's a tough one. Infinity Servo Static 2a (would be over 10 grand in today's money), Infinity Quantum Line Source, Magnepan 3.6 with Infinty subs, JBL L200.

Thanx, Russ

P.S. If you are asking what speaker is really good for 10,000 bucks. I've heard Klipshorn aren't to bad, if you like horns. I'd buy a used pair of Maggie 20.1s if it was for me (I like panels or ribbons).

Thanx, Russ

Ok, I know this is TigerwoodKhorns setting me up! [:o]

I think it depends in part on what you are after. Given that this is a Klipsch site, you certainly might find a predisposition towards the brand. Since I love excellent dynamics, clean sound, HUGE presence I'd find it interesting to put the Jubilee up agasint any comers in the 10K range (or even higher). This isn't to say I wouldn't like some of the other players, just that I think it'd be fun actually doing some side by sides.

If you have the space, want the balls (of the speaker), I'd suggest you do a search on Jubilee and brew a fresh pot of coffee. Better yet, go hear them (as with the others) and be prepared to pop a big grin.

... that you ever heard. Mostly for musical purposes.

I love my F2s, but I think they lack midrange and highs might be a bit harsh IF you're into music more (as opposed movie watching)

I am looking to upgrade but not too familiar with any BIG names in hifi speaker industry

I heard that PMCs are good, Martin Logan, maybe Paradigm or Energy?

Your inputs are welcome!

Somebody arround here got a pair of new Klipsch KPT MWM 4-T Grands for less then half of that price.

Throw in a pair of KPT-664s or a pair of KPT-884s, heck with the score he got on them, you could probably add two of each sub and still come in real close too 10 Grand, I'd like to see a side by side with anything else in that price range.

Roger

Somebody arround here got a pair of new Klipsch KPT MWM 4-T Grands for less then half of that price.

Throw in a pair of KPT-664s or a pair of KPT-884s, heck with the score he got on them, you could probably add two of each sub and still come in real close too 10 Grand, I'd like to see a side by side with anything else in that price range.

Squash 'em like a bug.

i would love to hear the new palladiums, i love klipsch, overall i find them to be very upbeat and lively, great dynamics and clear sound, the horn is brilliant for higher frequency sounds, and woofers put out strong and dynamic bass, BUT what about mid range?? klipsch engineers kind of left that part out.

if you look at for example Energy or Paradigm speakers they all have some kind of mid range type coil. their horn just cannot output a well balanced mid range frequency sounds. If only klipsch would've thought of that i am sure their speakers would be amongst the best.

• Moderators

if you look at for example Energy or Paradigm speakers they all have some kind of mid range type coil. their horn just cannot output a well balanced mid range frequency sounds. If only klipsch would've thought of that i am sure their speakers would be amongst the best.

They are among the best in sound.

Klipsch Group, Inc. is the holding company for the Klipsch®, Jamo®, Energy® and Mirage® brands and all corporately owned sales offices. Each brand, distribution company or sales office is referred to as Klipsch Group. All product-related materials including packaging, publications, advertisements, marketing tools, video and online marketing should always include:

If you have F2´s you are pretty much on the "bottom" of the food chain with Klipsch. Although others have them and find them wonderful, could be different amp combo since synergie is everything. I have the F3´s and have no problems with the mids and find them very warm and detailed.

Staying in the Klipsch lineup with $10000 I would say Heritage LaScala or Khorn with the proper amps are supposed to be magical.

Carver Amazing Loudspeakers-Platinum model.

"In this corner";

Capable of Sucking up a Bazillion Watts! (don't cry SET owners)

With a Undefeated Record of Creating More Heat then a Professional Salamander!

AndStilllll.... Capable of Less Total Maximum Acoustic Output [:'(]

The Amazingly Pretty Power Pigs!!!! [:D]

Roger

i would love to hear the new palladiums, i love klipsch, overall i find them to be very upbeat and lively, great dynamics and clear sound, the horn is brilliant for higher frequency sounds, and woofers put out strong and dynamic bass, BUT what about mid range?? klipsch engineers kind of left that part out.

Hmmmmm?? ... "Would be??" "what about midrange??"

I think you personally have never heard a 402 horn!

I challenge you to bring your speakers by my place and will see if they have enough mid range to compete with the four K-55 drivers in a pair of my TSCM K-400 horns, or the midrange of my MSM, MSSMs, in a pair MCM-1900s, or the mids on my KP-600 stacks. [Y]

I need some edumacation please..... Roger

Squash 'em like a bug.

Coytee; [A][Y][Y][Y]

Rog

"In this corner";

The Amazingly Pretty Power Pigs!!!! Big Smile

Roger

Jealous much?

It ain't ALL about SPL~

[H]

"In this corner";

The Amazingly Pretty Power Pigs!!!! Big Smile

Roger

Jealous much?

It ain't ALL about SPL~

Cool

Absolutely not!!

Yeah, they are good looking, and without them the need wouldn't have been there for the Silver 7, the silver 7-T, or the Silver 9-T.

Yes, I know my Carver.

But I disagree about the SPL thing.

I also happen to agree with PWK in the efficiecy vs distortion part as well.

Do they sound pleasing to some, yes, just as electro stats do to some.

Are they as accurate or flat, now that is a whole nother ball of wax.

I can afford Carvers or Electrostats if that is what I wanted, but as a gear head, I have always been about the horsepower AND parasitic loss, more then the pretty.

On an entirely different subject, I would love if you would email me a bunch of photos on every aspect of your cabin inside and out.

My parents just bought a three story Cabin (two story on finished basement, but basement is exposed at ground lavel in front with doors exiting on coblestone patio on both sides of the chimney under front 1st level on three sides of cabins front deck. Third story opens into large vaulted great room in front. Cabin is 4 bedroom 2.5 bath with 5th bedroom over garage that has furnace and central air. Their cabin is sitting in a 15 acre woods in the middle of farm country, drive way is exactly 0.4 miles from road to front of garage.

Roger

BUT what about mid range?? klipsch engineers kind of left that part out.

I don't know what model Klipsch you have but both of mine have plenty of midrange, geeze the 3 way has a whole driver dedicated to that. You are kidding right?

Thanx, Russ

When andruxa said he had f2s I initially thought he meant forte II's. Clearly it's not the case with a midrange comment like that, I'm just showing my age.