Best speakers for under $10 000

andruxa

I have heard several systems with megabuck speakers. My observation is that the ultra high end speakers need a room full of amps with 12 million watts to drive them properly. I would think a modded K horn with a top line set of tubes would be hard to beat---- except by a set of Jubs--which I have nevfer heard and dont intend to until I can buy them.

My observation is that the ultra high end speakers need a room full of amps with 12 million watts to drive them properly.

That is true with speakers like Magnepan and B&W, however a pair of Wilson Audio Sophia's can easily be run from an AVR or small integrated like the Naim Nait 5i (50w). Wilson likes to fool people at shows by showing mega buck amplifiers and sources and then reveal the real system from behind a curtain... Parasound amp and iPod source. But then, Mr. Wilson is a huge fan of PWK and caught the audio bug by hearing his neighbors Khorns when he was a youngster. One good thing leads to another...

Welcome to the Forum. Seriously, I'm not trying to offend, but to me the whole question is silly. Money and quality having only a passing acquaintance when it comes to audio.

Our membership is forgetting that we often ask for the basics here:

what type of music do you listen to, room size, what will you be driving them with

Also where are you located, because somebody may live in your area that be willing to have you over to listen to the higher end of the Klipsch line, or other exotic speaker toys that they may own.

Therefore, in an imperious Thebesian fashion, I hereby reset this thread to it's initial question. All responses to that question are to be ignored on pain of penalty. I am now off to referee the bobsled events at the Olympics.

My parents just bought a three story Cabin (two story on finished basement, but basement is exposed at ground lavel in front with doors exiting on coblestone patio on both sides of the chimney under front 1st level on three sides of cabins front deck. Third story opens into large vaulted great room in front. Cabin is 4 bedroom 2.5 bath with 5th bedroom over garage that has furnace and central air. Their cabin is sitting in a 15 acre woods in the middle of farm country, drive way is exactly 0.4 miles from road to front of garage.

Excuse me, but that is NOT a cabin. It may be a log HOME or rustic, but it is not a cabin... [;)]

My parents just bought a three story Cabin (two story on finished basement, but basement is exposed at ground lavel in front with doors exiting on coblestone patio on both sides of the chimney under front 1st level on three sides of cabins front deck. Third story opens into large vaulted great room in front. Cabin is 4 bedroom 2.5 bath with 5th bedroom over garage that has furnace and central air. Their cabin is sitting in a 15 acre woods in the middle of farm country, drive way is exactly 0.4 miles from road to front of garage.

Excuse me, but that is NOT a cabin. It may be a log HOME or rustic, but it is not a cabin... Wink

Marvel,

It is made out of whole logs, not siding, and compairative in size to my sisters over 7,200 square Brick, it is a cabin. [Y]

Roger