Klipsch Pilgrimage 2010 - Final Desicion Made!

• Moderators

What: The Klipsch Pilgrimage 2010

When: Weekend of June 11-13th, 2010

Where: Hope, Arkansas

Why: Because we love you

Details on where to stay, along with an agenda, to follow.

Don't miss the fun! Just ask these folks...

post-4329-13819540296766_thumb.jpg

post-4329-13819567425598_thumb.jpg

post-4329-13819568738788_thumb.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to put this out there. I talk with Joey B. on a fairly regular basis.

Joey does Pro Audio with Pro Klipsch.

Joey said he would be interested in bringing out an 8 stack or 24 box KP-600 system from Mass. if his travel expenses to get it there and back were covered. I asked, and the budget is too tight.

Would the attendees be interested pitching in money and making something we could all enjoy as many have never seen KP-600s let alone heard them.

A 24 box system is enough for a 20,000 person venue, or 8 times 10" driver horns, 16 times 15 inch drivers in horns, and 16 times 18 inch drivers.

I would be willing to bring my 6 boxes as well if they are up and running in time.

Roger

Amy: Although I think it's wonderful it's finally been decided where the pilgrimage will be this year, it's probaly unlikely that Verna and I will be able to attend this time, unless something changes and I am able to find employment and still get the time off needed to drive down and back. Regardless, if something does enable us to be there, you know that we will. Sounds like a fun time. -Glenn

June 11-13 works pretty well. Not sure I can afford a trip to Hope this summer but Alea said she wanted to go to Hope after the last Pilgrimage or when I told here they were wanting to have it in Hope. I'll definitely try to come if I can. Works better than later weeks.

Be kind of a bummer if Glenn and Verna aren't there... hopefully things will work out so they can come.

A massive KP-600 system sounds like fun. It'd be great to hear what those bad boys can do. I have seen some that CP1 is currently restoring but not seen them put together much less heard them.

• Moderators

how oppressive is that humidity in hope that time of year? My lungs really don't work so well in hot & humid weather--for some reason it brings on an asthma attack.

BigStewMan:

It's not that bad....unless you are in the middle of the diamond mine (field) with no shade![:S]

Most of the activities are held in air conditioning or a short walk to an air conditioned area. It really wasn't that bad! Just grab your inhaler before you leave home! LOL

• Moderators

I strongly encourage those of you that have never been to Hope to take advantage of this opportunity. It doesn't happen very often. This is always a special event......the factory is truly an awesome place to see. Although the plant is modernized it is amazing how much of the work is still performed by hand.

When Amy says, "Why: Because we love you" she really means it. Those of us that have attended Pilgrimages in the past fully understand the amount of work that goes into this special weekend that is set aside for us "the fans". The extra effort required to hold this event in Hope is monumental.

The veterans of previous Pilgramages will tell you attending this event in Hope is a must for Klipsch fans!

There is plenty of sightseeing within one hour of Hope, so bring the family and come on down....or up in our case.

• Moderators

Making a nice big 'X' on the calender.... I haven't been to Hope before, hoping I might be able to drive halfway and then carpool with someone else. I could fly down, but I will have some items to bring back from Chicago / Wisconsin that are pretty large.

Michael, this is a MUST for you!

• Klipsch Employees

Ok gang,

I have been ask off line if we were to put on a show again on Saturday night.

The truth is we just come together on a date and have no idea what we will do.

SO, if there is to be a "Show" on Sat, I will need to lead the charge. As you can guess and Christy said, that is a lot of work.

I would have to get the OK to even hold a show. Then there is the location and gear and players and safety and the list go on.

As most of you know, I like doing that! Producing something like that is "fun" for me. My main issue there is I want things bigger than they need to be. Thus, I have a hum-dinger in mind...

I guess what I am asking is if you guys really want a show with live acts and such.

• Moderators

Trey,

You should know by now that whatever you decide to do is okay with us. Please speak up if you some need help. We will be more than happy to get into town a couple of days early if need be. If you need to some organizational, secretarial or behind the scenes work done before the Pilgrimage let me know and I will do anything I can to help!

BTW, the Pilgrimage section seems to get overlooked quite a bit. I personally have overlooked this section until recently. I have noticed there are not a lot of posts occuring in this section and I know a lot more interest in the Pilgrimage could be generated if members were directed here. It might be helpful if you guys could post a "sticky" at the top of the most viewed sections on the forum with a link to this section or an informational thread (when posted).

Again, you guys let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

What: The Klipsch Pilgrimage 2010

When: Weekend of June 11-13th, 2010

Where: Hope, Arkansas

Why: Because we love you

Details on where to stay, along with an agenda, to follow.

Don't miss the fun! Just ask these folks...

Woo hoo! Hope I can believe (and participate) in!!! ;-)

See y'all there!

Ok gang,

I have been ask off line if we were to put on a show again on Saturday night.

The truth is we just come together on a date and have no idea what we will do.

SO, if there is to be a "Show" on Sat, I will need to lead the charge. As you can guess and Christy said, that is a lot of work.

I would have to get the OK to even hold a show. Then there is the location and gear and players and safety and the list go on.

As most of you know, I like doing that! Producing something like that is "fun" for me. My main issue there is I want things bigger than they need to be. Thus, I have a hum-dinger in mind...

I guess what I am asking is if you guys really want a show with live acts and such.

Farm House Farm House Farm House !