HUGE Improvement

wstrickland1

I picked up a single LaScala on Sunday from a fellow forum member to use as a center channel. I had been using a modified KLF 20 center between (2) LaScalas with Heresy surrounds.

I was quite content with my all Legend system but the LaScalas I had acquired 5 years ago were pretty much just collecting dust. Over the last year or so every time I would walk by the room they were in I could hear them speaking to me, begging me to put them into daily use. I thought it would eventually stop but it got to the point where they were really screaming at me to do something with them, so I made a deal with a forum member for a pair of Heresys and started the process.

Without a Heritage center I used the KLF 20 and thought it worked very well. I listen to a good bit of 2 channel on this system so I figured I would be good for a long time. Well I stumbled across a single LaScala and was able to get it. As fate would have it I was going to be in Charlotte over the weekend and it fit into the sellers schedule (THANKS Winchester 21). I got it home, set it in place, broke out the Radio Shack spl meter, balanced everything out and lit it up. All I can say is damn. The difference it made is more than I would have ever thought possible. Overall balance improved exponentially. Dialogue is off the charts better than my Legend or Ref 7 system. Simply unbelievable.

If anyone out there is running LaScala mains with some center other than another LaScala (even a Heresy, I tried that too) go find you a third one. You won't know what you're missing until you do.

I beg people to do this all the time.... Timbre matters.

Glad we have another convert..

IMO if you match any three of anything.... your 90% there... have three superior speakers.... and it is a home run.

La Scalas rule... Heritage sound in all it's glory too.

Only possible system that might beat it, is a Jubilee 3 some... no one has been that crazy yet,,,,, although a Jube Scala is close.. it isn't really. I will still argue TIMBRE matters. ALL THREE UP FRONT MUST MATCH!! Follow the rule... And get success.

yeah Indy, it worked out really well. It turned out to be a speaker that was built in the same year so the drivers and crossovers are ther same. Everything is stock (K-77M and AA crossovers) so they're just about identical. I will eventually upgrade networks and replace diaphrams but for now I'm good to go.