S4i Problems

ThomBoh

Hi there

I'm having a strange problem with S4i earphones and I was wondering if what I'm experiencing is a known or common issue:

I bought a pair of Image S4is for my iPhone (3GS) back in november, and they worked great for a while, but, after a few weeks the audio in one side lost substantial power, it was much quieter than what was coming out the other side. I had treated and stored them very well and didnt think it could be a damage problem, so I asked amazon to replace them, and they did which was great.

Had my new S4is barely a week, and wouldnt you know it, the exact same thing happened. But this time it was the other ear! Too weird. I suspected my iPhone at first, but, the iphone works fine with all other earphones, and the problem with both pairs of S4is persisted regardless of the device they were being used with. I am sure this is not an earseal issue or perception issue (the difference between before/after the malfunction is very clear).

Again, i treated and stored them very well, taking care not to strain the cord, and my ears were always clean. I have no idea what could have caused both pairs to malfunction in the same way!

Any ideas on this???

Be sure you keep them clean. I've gotten small flakes of ear wax and/or cream / ointment in my Custom 2 or X10 and it will give a raspiness to the sound. I'm not sure what it will sound like if they get plugged. If you've not done so, take the little cleaning tool and carefully clean the nozzles in case there's anyhting in there.

That's the only thing I can think to try.

Hi thanks for the reply

Unfortunately, that was one of the first things i tried, clean as a whistle as far as i can tell. Strangely enough the problem came on suddenly while I was listening with them. They were fine and then suddenly in the middle of a song the sound in the right cut out.

Its looking more like this is a coincidence (though an unusual one), fingers crossed that my third pair holds up okay