Old Enough To Remember the '60s?

HarryO

Anyone remember It's about Time?

Yep, both seasons.

I also remember going over to my oldest brothers house once a week to watch the newest episode of the original Star Trek.

It was only one season. 1966-67, there were 26 episodes, it had a major remake mid season is why it seemed like two.

Here are a couple videos I just found, one is the theme song and the other is about 4 minutes of the first episode.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone remember It's about Time?

Yep, both seasons.

I also remember going over to my oldest brothers house once a week to watch the newest episode of the original Star Trek.

It was only one season. 1966-67, there were 26 episodes, it had a major remake mid season is why it seemed like two.

Here are a couple videos I just found, one is the theme song and the other is about 4 minutes of the first episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYe6g6vGUac

I thought it was 2 seasons (I was young) because there was a time when the astronauts were back in time and then there was another time when the cave people were in present day. I think they even changed the theme song, but it WAS a while ago.

I thought it was 2 seasons (I was young) because there was a time when the astronauts were back in time and then there was another time when the cave people were in present day. I think they even changed the theme song, but it WAS a while ago.

Your memory is pretty good, it was one season and mid way through they switched from prehistoric times to bringing the cavemen to the present time, they also did change the words to the theme song at the same time. I only know this from using google and looking it up, I was really young and didn't remember that much, I mostly remembered that I really liked the show.

Your memory is pretty good, it was one season and mid way through they switched from prehistoric times to bringing the cavemen to the present time, they also did change the words to the theme song at the same time. I only know this from using google and looking it up, I was really young and didn't remember that much, I mostly remembered that I really liked the show.

What I remember most about the show is the theme song, however we had different lyrics:

It's about time

It's about space

It's about time to slap your face.

You had to be careful not to get slapped by the person singing (usually my big sister).

howbout the driveins where they came to your car ( normally on rollerskates ) and brought you your food.

There is a place near here that is still open. They stopped the car service some time ago (maybe 10-15 years ago) you need to go inside or sit in their outside dining area, but there is still girls on roller skates they just no longer do the drive up service to your car.

Tinker Toys, milk and graham crackers at school, my first full-on live look at incredible cleavage on the bridge to Cinderella's castle in Disneyland, ca. 1962, which awakened something within ol' fini...

Oh, and Raquel Welch!

raquelwelch.jpg

Tinker Toys, milk and graham crackers at school, my first full-on live look at incredible cleavage on the bridge to Cinderella's castle in Disneyland, ca. 1962, which awakened something within ol' fini...

Oh, and Raquel Welch!

raquelwelch.jpg

Ahh definitely my favorite cave girl.

Oh, and Raquel Welch!

raquelwelch.jpg

only because I need to see her again, hubba hubba.

SCHWING!!!!!!

Oh, and Raquel Welch!

raquelwelch.jpg

SCHWING!!!!!!

I will second that...and on a side note you all should swing over to seti's blog and look at the AKAI girl...

Oh, and Raquel Welch!

raquelwelch.jpg

SCHWING!!!!!!

I will second that...and on a side note you all should swing over to seti's blog and look at the AKAI girl...

Oh dag nab it one more time.. oh wow!!

1957 here.

Anyone else get their milk delivered to an aluminum box on the front porch. Be sure you shake it or all you'll get is cream when you pulled the cardboard cap and got the first pour.

How about S&H Green Stamps. I must have licked several thousand and put them in the book.

Certainly I wasn't the only one that had a pump bazooka gun that shot ping-pong balls?

How about those spirographs?

I remember one year I got a banana seat for my bike and it instantly turned my hand me down bike into an object ov envy.

We had an actual small door in the wall next to the side door. It had an inner door that locked and an outer door. It was for both Milk and Paper deliveries.

Roger