A Video Tour of the International Space Station

Rockets

Did not think it would be so Messy![:o] Of course every bit of space on it is precious and being able to float down the middle lets you store things on the floor and walls.

Thanks the video gives you a better idea of how much room they have on it.

Storage space is a premium, just like a submarine when it first leaves port. All the passage ways and every -n- cranny filled with fresh food, supplies etc.

We may be sending up an empty MPLM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-Purpose_Logistics_Module on the very last shuttle fight to give some elbow room that not dedicated to racks of experiments. That flight hasn't been manifested though. After that, it'll be up to the Russians to be our taxi...but don't get me started...

I did get a chuckle listening to the crew talk about the smell when opening up the NODE module, that we just sent up. That smell was clean unputrified air! I swear when we open the MPLM's upon their return....one can't begin to describe the foul funky fragrance...