Best amp for RF7's ?

Rlbol

So if it is the amp What would be a better amp and why?

The choices are endless as long as the amp is stable down to 2 ohms. From what I've heard about the Emotiva's they are supposed to work well with RF-7's.......which is making me wonder if something is wrong with that particular amp or something else in the chain isn't right. They shouldn't "snap" with a 300 watt amp if everything is functioning properly.

Based on your signature of your equipment, I would recommend a minimum of a dedicated 20A breaker feeding your amps. If you don't have enough power feeding your amps may explain a 300 watt amp with no balls.

I have thought about that... I can drop a dedicated line easily. I have a buddy with glow rods, it's easy to do. I have everything on one 15 amp circuit. Maybe that's the problem. I know I have seen tests showing the XPA-2 making a clean 315 or 320 watts a channel by someone on one of these forums.

Having what seems to be 32,506 different plugs coming out of my single outlet, I'm installing four 20A circuits downstairs. I have had my breaker trip when the wife uses the vacume cleaner. (I realize that is a high drain)

I was originally wanting to put two 20A circuits downstairs and add in a SurgeX protector but, they only have a single circuit 20A protector or a four circuit 20A protector so I'm sort of 'stuck' with the 4!!

http://surgex.com/products/powerframe420.html

It will be interesting to see if I notice anything different. Since I hope to have amps on one side of room, electronics on the other side of room I also have a mix of switched/unswitched outlets (switched on top, live on bottom).

The popping his woofers are making at high volumes is clipping plain and simple. Its not the wall, light switch, breaker box, brand of amp or speakers. He is trying to get more than the amp is willing to give. Amplifier 101.

You want more power buy a bigger amp!

My Marantz 1070 integrated amp does the same thing on my KLF-20's. The 30watt amp sounds awesome until I turn it up past 10 o'clock and then it will start snapping. Horrible sounding, I might add. 30 watts of old school muscle can only go so far.

As far as the Emotiva.....aren't these supposed to be high current workhorses with plenty of muscle? I've read nothing but good things about these amps and heard one with Cornwalls a couple weeks ago and it sounded great. Although it was only at medium volumes.

Got a loose wire somewhere or something? Oh, and by the way RF-7's can handle 800 watts. Don't ask me how I know. [A]