2.1 max volume

Iknownothing16

I searched for a post on this but couldn't find one, but if there is one and someone knows about it just refer me to that. I have a ProMedia 2.1 set, and I've never turned it past half volume (with my pc output also being at slightly less than half volume). Does anyone know how much they can take? I'd like to know before I break them on accident. Obviously if I hear distortion I should turn them down, but sometimes distortion is hard to hear in the ultra-low frequencies, at least for me, especially if the mid and high frequencies are completely fine. How can I tell when its overheating or breaking the components? And do these things break when they are turned to their max volume? Thanks for any input.

The average person uses or should use these strickly when using their computer. Normal Volume is best and will ensure they last a long time.

Yes they will go loud, but this setup was Not designed to take the Place of a Normal Stereo set.

If you want to do that, get a Receiver and some small Bookshelf speakers which will ensure that you can use the system if your away from the Computer.............

That is my 2 cents. I had a 2.1 system for over 6 years and then sold it ..............

Thanks for the advice. I totally agree, and I am very careful with my speakers (thus the half volume limit). I would buy bookshelf speakers and a reciever except I'm a college kid with no money, and a $150 dollar computer speaker system is a lot less than a $350 dollar ish stereo system ($100 for reciever, $250 for speakers) not to mention that I got the ProMedia set as a gift.

I have cranked my sets (2 of them) very high...... Just avoid distortion.

I also leave my power on all the time; the heatsink stays slightly warm...... My opinion is hot/cold cycles accelerate electronic component wear.....

Your miles may vary......

If you wish to play them loudly; you can; just do not keep them cranked with distortion present......

Good luck....