The right receiver for music - not surround sound system

FRONTOSA

I ordered it over the phone. I hate returning purchased items but Emotiva has crossed the line...

I know in order to purchase B-stock (returned/refurbished items) you have to call Emotiva - they don't list them on their site. If they never mentioned anything about B-stock I'd be pretty ticked too. Does the packing slip or any receipt you have mention B-stock at all? How much did you pay for the pre-amp?

I paid the full retail price ($417 which includes shipping). When I asked the Emotiva sales rep. what they do with all the returned units from the trial period, the rep. said they sell it as a “B” unit - $50 off. I told the rep. I want the factory fresh new unit, and that I wanted nothing to do with returned item.

Anyhow, USP-1 sounds good. A crude analogy: if my old receiver let me see the rainbow, USP-1 is letting me see the shades in between. I can appreciate the finer subtle differences.If Emotiva doesn’t work out, is there comparable preamp around?