Southern Maryland Get-together: March 13, 2010

TNRabbit

I'll have to see what I can do. Coming from Fredericksburg, it is not as bad of a drive as coming from the north (I used to work at Dahlgren, so I am familiar with the drive out that way, plus have many other friends that way. I've even sailed out from Solomon's Island with some friends on thier boat).

However, one of my friends/co-workers did ask if I want to go skiing with them, which means I'll be driving up to Bethesda (right near where you live, Larry) that Sunday morning to meet him and continue up to probably White Tail.

Keep me in the cards, but I cannot make a promise that I'll definitely be there.

Since I've had the privilege of seeing and hearing TNR's Carver Amazing system, I'll pass this time around. IMO, it's really one to hear -- the sound seems to be come from all around you, which makes for a lot of detail in the presentation.

Gary, who all is coming?

Rats, I'd like to go and teach you guys how to properly eat crabs, drink beer, and introduce you to the real secret ingredient in Old Bay Seasoning, but I'll be heading North that weekend.

Have fun and report in and tell us what went on.

Attended:

Gordon from Polk Audio forum

Robin from Carver forum

Bruce from AudioKarma forum

My friend Gary (old working buddy)

We had a great time, ate some good food, & listened to a whole slew of music~

Bruce brought some blues I'd not heard before, as well as the new Hendrix CD (good Hendrix, not so crazy about the recordings).

Bruce from AK brought his Polk RTi-55 speakers; they sounded great!

Pics (wow, I need a new camera~):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Music:
Posted Image

Eats:
Posted Image

Played some pool:
Posted Image