Article: Klipsch Cornwall Loudspeaker Test Report - by Mitja Borko

WMcD

Some time ago a review by Mitja Borko of the Cornwall appeared on the site of a Belgian audio club. That site seems to have been lost.

Nonetheless, the author has a site which has the article in .pdf. Reviews or technical data on other devices can be found there and so it is worth visiting.

http://sites.google.com/site/mitjaborko/home

If you want a copy of the article for your collection, let me suggest you download from the site.

Best,

Wm McD

P.S. This is for your weekend reading, as usual!

Thanks for the article. I particularly liked his comparing tubes and solid state. I haven't heard Corns yet, but this test report makes me drool and anticipate even more. This line sure is a compliment:

"Klipsch loudspeakers are immortal! They will be out of date only when the laws of physics change."

• 10 years later...

I ran across Mitja Borko's comprehensive field test of the Cornwall II, after I had owned it for several years, and I agree with his evaluation. Here is the portion of his comments which endear me to the Cornie, over all other speakers I have heard since I became interested in accurate sound reproduction in 1959.  "Transients are excellent. Drums are explosive, trumpets are absolutely persuasive, piano has its punch, voices are dynamic, everything is in its place - just every single detail. There are very few loudspeakers around (in absolute meaning of the word) which can do this job so very well. Regardless of price range." These are very strong words, particularly since Borko is an electrical engineer and award-winning consultant to the electronics industry who has evaluated hundreds of devices over a period exceeding 40 years. His scientific methods of measurement in actual home listening conditions far exceed the largely subjective impressions of the typical audio periodical journalist, who must be responsive to the publisher's need for advertising revenue.