RF-3 or RS-3 for rear surround?

Poseidon

Hello, I have a question about rear surround speakers. I notice that Klipsch has their Reference RS-3 surround channels, but is there any reason I should not just buy a second pair of RF-3's to use as rear channels? Seems like they'd work fine, and produce more sound too.

I'd say use the RF-3's. You could run your surround channel setup as large and have a full range signal. The only drawback I see is possibly losing the ability to elevate the speakers so that your surround speakers are more or less above you. Most of what I've read you want them above the seated position to give you a better affect. But, the RF-3's seem tall enough to give you the effects that you want.

The Rf-3 will be more localized. They should sound better if your in the "ideal" listening position. The Rs-3 produces sound over a wider area and will give every listener in the entire room at least a decent sound. I think alot of it depends on your room and how your seats are arranged.

also depends really if u want the rears more for music(rf-3) or HT(rs-3). also depends on which receiver u have.

i have cornwalls for rears but seriously considering throwing some bipolar speakers on

top (like the rs) just for HT use. bipolar speaks spread out the sound for a wider soundstage & better rear HT effects. depends

also on the size of your room. a lot of depends biggrin.gif

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub cables & Monster Z-12 wire

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!