KLF-20s How to get them to sing

amusingisthedawn

Are there other options or recommendations others have? Before I get into tubes...I would want new, seperate speakers for 2 channel, and also a seperate area for it (not gonna happen anytime soon). Will adding a seperate power amp help or not? I know that Denon receivers can add some brightness, so perhaps by adding a main power source it would change?

You could always separate the bi-wire connector on the back of the speaker and pad down the the mid/tweeter with an l-pad. Rotary or fixed, it'll let you know how the speaker would sound if it was a little more bass heavy. You could also just pad down the tweeter which many times works though you have to add an lpad to the tweeter in the box. KLF 30's with a couple of DB down on the tweeter is a lot less fatiguing. Another easy thing is to line the tweeter horn with some light 1/8 to 1/4 inch foam. Easy to add or remove with some tape. You don't have to pad the tweeter down then and it can clean up some of the horn sound.

Positioning is another key though if you can't move the speakers, you are stuck.

Lots of CHEAP stuff if you are just worried about the speaker being fatiguing or not enough bass, especially at low volumes. The more expensive side, a good amplifier with guts down low as an ICE amp.

The only problem with bi-amping is that I would need 3 more things. Two amps, and an active crossover right? Cheap sounds good for right now.

What exactly is an I-pad and how would I use it?

Would that 1/8" foam go on the actual horn itself, right behind the speaker screen? That sounds easy enough to try, but this I-pad has struck my interest.

What is the ideal positioning for KLF's in a small room? Mine are in a 15x15 bedroom converted to a mini hometheater. I have them cornered right now, slightly toed in to the middle of the seating area and about 8-10" from the wall. I experimented moving them closer together and I really can't tell any difference, probably because the room is so small to begin with?

The only problem with bi-amping is that I would need 3 more things. Two amps, and an active crossover right? Cheap sounds good for right now.

What exactly is an I-pad and how would I use it?

Would that 1/8" foam go on the actual horn itself, right behind the speaker screen? That sounds easy enough to try, but this I-pad has struck my interest.

What is the ideal positioning for KLF's in a small room? Mine are in a 15x15 bedroom converted to a mini hometheater. I have them cornered right now, slightly toed in to the middle of the seating area and about 8-10" from the wall. I experimented moving them closer together and I really can't tell any difference, probably because the room is so small to begin with?

An lpad can be used to lower the output of drivers. It is usually fixed or like a volume control.

The foam could line the inside of one or several sides of the horn, varying to your liking.

post-2137-13819554415246_thumb.jpg

post-2137-13819569830182_thumb.jpg