Feel proud CANADA...FEEL PROUD..

oldenough

• Moderators

Canada should feel proud, not even counting all the medals they put on a great Olympics.

When the commercials came on for British Colombia, to attract tourism the scenery of BC was unbelievably pretty, that is a great looking area !

The post-ceremonies concert is still rocking.

We pulled out pretty well every Canadian cliche you could imagine, but it sure was fun. Lots of Canadian entertainment talent performed. Bill Shatner was fun as always, Neil Young was cool as always, Michael Buble was classy, Avril Lavigne and Nickelback rocked, the athletes got moose antlers with flashing lights to wear. What more could you ask?

The Games were great, too. It's hard to imagine a hockey game with more drama than that gold medal match. Both teams played hard and should be proud of themselves.

Canada should feel proud, not even counting all the medals they put on a great Olympics.

When the commercials came on for British Colombia, to attract tourism the scenery of BC was unbelievably pretty, that is a great looking area !

Yes it is incredibly beautiful and I am lucky enough to live right within it....How about that closing ceremony show...For me it was a treat to see Alanis Morissette and of course Neil Young.....My wife was waiting for Celine Dione..no such luck. Terrific sound.

It was reported on the news that President Obama will be sending Prime Minister Harper a case of Molson Canadian beer to settle the bet they had on the gold medal hockey game. I think that was the most exciting hockey game I've ever seen.

I think that was the most exciting hockey game I've ever seen

I agree. I felt the Canadians would win prior to the start. I think their loss when, a week prior (?) gave them some extra focus. The USA team made it a good fight. I was ready to turn the channel over when the clock got to 6 seconds, then had the "OMG" moment. What fun it was to watch!

USA never had a chance-

?????

I wouldn't call pushing your opponent to overtime "never had a chance". The game could have very well gone either way. Heck, the US outscored the Canadians 7 to 6 in the two games they played. I give credit to the Canadians for winning, but the US most definitely had a fighting chance.

Gosh, as a Canadian, reading parts of this thread doesn't feel very "brotherly". I can honestly say that had the USA won, my life wouldn't have stopped cuz of it, but rather have been happy that we were able to come back to give them a game that was deserved to be one for the gold.