Feel proud CANADA...FEEL PROUD..

oldenough

We beat you USA ...HA HA HA take that. The most GOLD and the biggest prize of all Hockey GOLD MEDALISTS! HA Wink

What? I thought Curling was the biggest prize... oh wait, didn't Canada clean up in that also?

One of my favorite Olympics in a while. Sure a few problems.... such as the indoor cauldron arm failing to rise during the opening ceremony so the Canadians make fun of it in the closing ceremonies. Do you think the Chinese would've handled such a snafu with such grace and humor?

I was neither tending bar, nor watching the Super Bowl.

That pretty much leaves you in the kitchen, with the ladies..........not bad duty I'd say!

Nope, I'm not there either. I tend to avoid Super Bowl parties as my distaste for football is strong. I usually host a Daytona 500 party however, but in these parts finding willing participants is sometimes hard.

Hi-fi Jimbo,

I'm actually the same. Racing and hockey for me also. I logged quite a bit of "rest time" this year and watched some football games toward the end of the season. This was the first time in a couple of decades. Some of the games were very good. Anyway, racing season has started so I'll be watching that or I'll be up at the track.

Thanx, Russ

P.S. The Daytona 200 for the bikes is on SpeedTV Friday night, don't miss it!

I tend to avoid Super Bowl parties as my distaste for football is strong. I usually host a Daytona 500 party however, but in these parts finding willing participants is sometimes hard.

Daytona what? Just kidding. More of a football fan but I was hoping the old geezer, Mark Martin, would win or does win these year. Dang young punks seem to be the one's winning.

The Daytona 200 for the bikes is on SpeedTV Friday night, don't miss it!

Thanks for the heads-up, Russ! Are they running 600 Supersport bikes in the 200 again this year? I really miss seeing the Superbikes and the factory prototypes, along with the World Champion riders, that we used to see in the 200 back in the day.

Are they running 600 Supersport bikes in the 200 again this year? I really miss seeing the Superbikes and the factory prototypes, along with the World Champion riders, that we used to see in the 200 back in the day.

Yeah, I feel your pain. I'm old enough to remember when race bikes were 4 strokes.............oops we came full circle.

Olympic style Hockey is what the NHL should strive for. The speed and scoring was very exciting. There are too many NHL teams and the seasons last too long. Most NHL rinks are too small, which leads to mid ice collisions and never allows the plays to open up. Congrats to the Canadian Team, they played well and was very impressed in their win over Russia. Olde Tyme Hockey, Eddie Shore!!

post-16829-13819554366282_thumb.jpg

post-16829-1381956979255_thumb.jpg

This olympics were played on nhl sized and often actual nhl ice.

That's JB's point. Olympic-size rinks are larger, which changes the style of play, but we didn't really see that at these Games.

And JB, a lot of people feel that the best hockey was played among the Original Six teams, but if there's a buck to be made...

And JB, a lot of people feel that the best hockey was played among the Original Six teams, but if there's a buck to be made...

I think the best hockey ever played occurred between 1980 and 1984 right here on Long Island. A lot of people feel that the Islander teams during that time were perhaps the best hockey team ever.

Over 16 million Canadian viewers alone (roughly half the country, why wasn't it more?). 27.6 million US viewers. Which dwarfs your point even more. In all fairness the only time I've ever watched curling is during the olympics. There is something about country v. country and the 4 year spacing of the event which draws more interest from just the diehards of any particular sport. Who here watches swimming events when they are not olympic events?