Ya Mon!

Are you going to get those Gilbert?

THIS COLLECTION Starts with MFSL
tremendously rare Long Out of Print
CATCH A FIRE
200 Gram AUDIOPHILE MASTERPIECE PRESSING. OVER A DECADE OUT OF PRINT AND
ONLY 7500 WERE EVER PRESSED. EACH INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED. PRICELESS

Dennie

Na, I have a few from that collection already, it'd be a waste of money for me, I'm not a collector. I do listen reggae sometimes and was look'in for a new LP when I stumbled onto the sellers Marley LP's. I also enjoy listening to Peter Tosh, and Jimmy Cliff. Peter's music's is particularly heart and soul'ish, JMHO.

I need to come into this forum more often...big Marley fan - have been since god only knows when.

As it happens I have 7 albums of his that I can readily lay my hands on (probably got a few more stored somewhere) all on vinyl:

Talkin' Blues, Rebel Music, Survival, Kaya, Chances Are, Uprising and Rasterman Vibrations (still sealed).

Thing is - these are all original or at least early pressings. In my limited experience with non-classical music these are often better than later audiophile versions as they have been made from fresh tapes.

Its also worth considering how these particular albums were made before taking the plunge into audiophilia.

When Bob started there wasn't much of a music industry in Jamaica. They actually recorded many of the albums as 4 track recordings. These were then sent to the UK where an additional 4 tracks were added to create 8 track "masters" from which the 2 channel mix for a record was created.

This was not a process that would lend itself to re-creating the original sonic event in the best audiophile tradiitons.

Oh - and my records cost a lot less - I think the most expensive (sealed) one was 10 bucks or so.