HT receiver recommendations? speakers are the 5650 line of in-walls.

tedzap

I am finishing up my "all purpose room" and am looking for amplifier recommendations for the HT setup.

For speakers I went with the R5650 line of in-walls....

R5650W fronts
R5502 center
R5650S side surrounds
CDT-5650C rear surrounds

I have a couple of subs to choose from, one of which will certainly work for the short term. The receiver (and these speakers) will be strictly for HT use, I have a Tannoy in-ceiling system for general audio (while playing pool, etc).

Is there a HT amp that is a great match for these speakers for HT? It will need to have multiple inputs (directv, dvd, etc), and the projector is HDMI only. HDMI video switching would be very nice, but not required... The projector is a Mitsubishi HC1500, and is 720p.

Thanks in advance,
-Ted

No you've come to the right place alright[Y] I have a similar setup using R-5800-W's (L/C/R) for the fronts, and R-5650'S's (L/R) for surrounds, with B&W ASW-1000 sub. Right now I'm running my system with a Denon 3806 receiver and everything sounds fantastic. In my opinion any of the Denon 3000 series receivers and up would match up very well. Haven't heard the Onkyos but they have some very popular models with nice feature sets. If you're going separates Marantz, and Onkyo/Integra makes great pre.-pros. that would be nice fits. And just about any decent amp; Bryston, Parasound, B&K, Lexicon, etc... will be great. It doesn't take a whole lot to drive these so it's more about your preference in listening: movies, music, or both.

There's also information in the "In Wall Recommendations" post.