La Scala 2 plans

Lexxington

LS II's are new Klipsch products. There are no official "DIY" plans released by Klipsch to my knowledge of any LS model. There are some unofficial "plans/drawings" out there but I do not think they are actual "Klipsch" plans. The closest you'll get is a set of "plans" for the standard LS. You'll need to modify them to account for the change 1 inch MDF bass bin walls on the LS II vs the 3/4 inch plywood on the originals.

Suggest you also put a brace in like this between the doghouse & the side walls. Instead of putting the brace in the LS2 they have made the side walls from 1 inch material to remove the resonance.

I think it would be better to have both & I wish I had made mine that way.

Good luck,

John

post-32839-13819555291422_thumb.jpg

post-32839-13819570544424_thumb.jpg

Suggest you also put a brace in like this between the doghouse & the side walls.

I don't like this braces. What about bracing inside of the doghouse? Is there a place for that?

No good putting a brace inside the doghouse....what you're trying to tame is the resonance of the side walls....so you can either build them with the braces or alternatively, leave the brace off and build them with thicker side walls.

Suggest you also put a brace in like this between the doghouse & the side walls.

I don't like this braces. What about bracing inside of the doghouse? Is there a place for that?

Bracing the doghouse won't keep the outer horn wall from resonating.

If you build a LaScala, you might also look into replacing the K400/77 with the K510 and biamp them. The K510 is I believe, a 2 inch horn and will sound worlds better than the stock horns...AND, it will fit inside the top section!

Do a search on JubeScala. Where are you located, are you in Lexington? If so, and if you are ever in the Knoxville area, I can give you a demo however, we'd be stuck using the larger horn since I don't have any 510's yet for my center LaScala.

If you build a LaScala, you might also look into replacing the K400/77 with the K510 and biamp them. The K510 is I believe, a 2 inch horn and will sound worlds better than the stock horns...AND, it will fit inside the top section!

Do a search on JubeScala. Where are you located, are you in Lexington? If so, and if you are ever in the Knoxville area, I can give you a demo however, we'd be stuck using the larger horn since I don't have any 510's yet for my center LaScala.

Coytee,

You are showing great restraint. Go ahead and tell what you would really recomend for someone building a horn system.

Coytee,

You are showing great restraint. Go ahead and tell what you would really recomend for someone building a horn system.

Tom, I'm on the 58 step recovery program.... right now I'm working on babysteps..... [;)] [:#]