Chorus Question

CapZark

I'm pretty familair with the Heritage speakers, but I don;t understand where the Chorus fits in. What is part of the Heritage line or something different? How does it compare to say a Cornwall or a La Scala? Any insight on the Chorus would be appreciated.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LaScala trumps the Cornwall & Chorus with pure finesse and overall sound quality & punchy midbass but needs a subwoofer to compliment the lack of low end bass.

The Cornwall sounds better than the Chorus when powered by low wattage amps and may be better overall for some types of music, while not my favorite of the Klipsch lineup many here will probably disagree.

If you have some power and a large room to fill i would recommend the Chorus, very hard hitting low end, clean highs and vocals to die for, my favorite for hard rock slam as good as front row seats at the best sounding concerts.

Just my opinion anyways. [:D]

My wife is going to kill me if I come home with another set of speakers, but you hit home with the rock slam comment. That's my music of choice. I also have a big room - like an entire basement. I have a chance to buy some from the mid-ninties. What do you think they are worth in good condition (oiled oak)?

Try to find some Chorus II's, the midrange is better and the bass is more enveloping, both sell fairly close in price.

$400 - 750 depending on condition.

My Chorus II's with some power behind them will make either of my CD players skip through the music, just to give you an idea on what you get, front row concert is the best way i can explain the sound. All you need then is some kids blowing pot smoke in your face and some drunk behind you falling over to get the full effect.

Chorus II's are the most underrated speakes in the Heritage/Extended Heritage line, except by those lucky enough to own them. I have mine for twetny years and with my recent "Crites Upgrades' will have them for another twenty years. [:D]

This question (or definition...) of Heritage seems to crop up lately. "Heritage" refers to the original general "line-up" of PWK's designs; and specifically the Klipschorn, Klipsch Belle, LaScala, Cornwall and Heresy. The Belle was discontinued, but the "split" design is still seen in the modern LaScala II.

The following "generations" of Forte's, Chorus', Academy, etc. are not part of the "Heritage" group of speakers, but are sometimes called or referred to by owners, etc as "Classic", "Legend" etc. There is no "Extended Heritage", etc. in any of their product information or literature.

See: http://www.klipsch.com/images/download/152.aspx

See: http://www.klipsch.com/images/download/150.aspx

And..... http://www.klipsch.com/images/download/2589.aspx

That does not necessarily mean that the other speakers are "Children of a Lesser God" by any means. For example, while the Palladium may not be a "Heritage", it is, nonetheless, currently the premier flagship product. It's just different. Same thing with the "Reference" Series. There's some serious speakers in Reference... Each "group" is/was designed to generally do somewhat of a different job, and each "group" has a unique sound.

It's an "apples" and "oranges" thing.

[H]

• Moderators

To clarify something that is not clear..... We do have a web page that lists our discontinued Heritage products. But let me qualify...

The core Heritage line historically consisted of the Khorn, Belle, LaScala, Cornwall, and Heresy. Academy is thrown in for good measure, since it was the center channel of choice for that line, and didn't otherwise have a "home."

The Forte, Quartet, and Chorus had since been adopted into that line, which is where they will stay.

It's likely my fault and not by any master design that other products are in the Heritage category. They simply didn't have a home under "Products By Line."

So under Heritage they reside until a better structure can be determined. These vagabonds include the NON-Heritage products: Rebel, KSS and Shorthorn.

To clarify something that is not clear..... We do have a web page that lists our discontinued Heritage products. But let me qualify...

The core Heritage line historically consisted of the Khorn, Belle, LaScala, Cornwall, and Heresy. Academy is thrown in for good measure, since it was the center channel of choice for that line, and didn't otherwise have a "home."

The Forte, Quartet, and Chorus had since been adopted into that line, which is where they will stay.

Sweet! There we have it folks the Heritage family just got bigger. My Heritage Chorus II's are awesome by the way![Y]

I was suprised to see the little black bookshelf speaker in the mix. Tongue Tied

If you read closely you will see they are called NON-Heritage.

"So under Heritage they reside until a better structure can be determined. These vagabonds include the NON-Heritage products: Rebel, KSS and Shorthorn".

The following "generations" of Forte's, Chorus', Academy, etc. are not part of the "Heritage" group of speakers, but are sometimes called or referred to by owners, etc as "Classic", "Legend" etc.

Classics are the KV line. http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/archive/classic/

Legends are the KLF line. http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/archive/legend/

I was suprised to see the little black bookshelf speaker in the mix. Tongue Tied

If you read closely you will see they are called NON-Heritage.

"So under Heritage they reside until a better structure can be determined. These vagabonds include the NON-Heritage products: Rebel, KSS and Shorthorn".

Good catch, wonder how those little bookshelf speakers sound, never even seen those before.

It may be a bit of nomenclature but it looks fairly well established that the Heritage class includes only the K-Horn, LS, CW, and Heresy.

The Forte, Forte II, Chorus, Chorus II, and Quartet don't really qualify. but let me point out that they all (?) have an autotransformer. That signals to me that PWK had final say in the designs.

Wm McD