First post - How do you wait for new speakers?

dale_s

Hello all,

I must confess to lurking for many months. Been hesitant to join without any Klipsch in the house. However, that is about to change.

Finally found some KG-4's local to me. Never wanted to trust shipping.

So, how does one remain patient??? I'm finding it hard to concentrate!

[8-)]

Hi Dale, Welcome and we're glad you finally joined!

So, when are the speakers arriving? There is no easy way to wait for new speakers.

I once had to wait 6 weeks for some speakers to be delivered. I nearly went nuts. As was mentioned, listen to a lot of music, listen for all the nuances, the pressing of the foot pedals of the piano. The tapping of the drumstick on the cymbals. The fingers sliding up and down the neck of the guitar, etc.

Then, when the Klipsch speakers come, go back and listen to that same music again. See how the nuances stand out now! [:P]

Also, maybe go to the local fire house and see if you can help put out some fires or something. Maybe wash a few fire trucks and an ambulance. That should help kill some time. You're going to have to get creative, 'cause if you keep watching the clock......you will go crazy! [:S]

Dennie

Hello all,

I must confess to lurking for many months. Been hesitant to join without any Klipsch in the house. However, that is about to change.

Finally found some KG-4's local to me. Never wanted to trust shipping.

So, how does one remain patient??? I'm finding it hard to concentrate!

Roll-eyes

Hi Dale,

Welcome to the Forum. I have to comment on your post, cause I'm the guy selling the Kg 4s to you. I'll see you soon!

Very cool that someone else in the Madison area is a member. Stick around, man. Lots of great information here. Just ask!

Rivernuggets - Yes, it's a small world.

I'm looking forward to joining in on the fun. Hoping that my background in electronics will be of benefit to the community. It's taken me a few years to aquire systems to surpass my early 20's. I think back on all the stuff I let go... sad.

So, now the intent is to finally have a suitable set of speakers to enjoy while I rebuild this Sansui AU-999 front to back. I'll be playing your (my) KG4's from a reworked Maggie tube amp while I work.

Rivernuggets - Yes, it's a small world.

Welcome Dale. [:D]

You lucked out and found a great guy to do business with. I wouldn't hesitate to work with Rivernuggets in the future. We had a great transaction.[Y]

Call it a sickness but I look on Audiogon, eBay, craigslist, Emotiva's for sale board and on here every day to find deals. Everything listed in my signature below (except my TV and Wii) was purchased used at less than current market value. It didn't happen overnight. If you find good enough deals you won't lose your shorts selling your equipment and it'll help fund your new purchase.

I had to wait a full year before a Pair Of klipschorns became available in my 5 state area. I finally got a pair but had to drive a 700 Mile round trip to get them. Paid $2500, but they were in excellent condition.

I listened to my Belles while I was waiting however and did not sell them until the Khorns were in place![:D]