2230 vintage marantz n my Rf3s ?

quadklipsh

Hi all

Guess i posted in the wrong corner back then

But here it is

I got it I got the famous marantz 2230 I got it on a gr8 deal too Took it straight to my technician Who found nothing wrong with the set and gave it a dusting and some cloth wipe And boy the marantz as i read it and learnt from its reviews does sound musical and very very Beautiful I. Hv forgotten my more natura sounding quad amp For wot the marantz does is pure delight to ones senses Fuller richer sounding amp Next sounding quad amp For wot the marantz does is pure delight to ones senses Fuller richer sounding amp Next my plan is to hook em up to my RF3s tmw and se Wot it wud sound like i cant wait to do that tmw morning And its getting quite late and im still enjoying my victor headfones with the newby amplifier Id like to hear from u gentlemen out there Wot do u think it wud sound like with klipsches Plz enlighten ! my plan is to hook em up to my RF3s tmw and se Wot it wud sound like i cant wait to do that tmw morning And ts getting quite late and im still enjoying my victor headfones with the newby amplifier Id like to hear from u its getting quite late and im still enjoying my victor headfones with the newby amplifier Id like to hear from u gentlemen out there Wot do u think it wud sound like with klipsches Plz enlighten dr sherry RF 3s CELESTION 9 bookshelves QUAD 303 power amp, quad 33 pre amp combo

Marantz 2230 + Klipsch = [Y]

With the limited 30 watts you get with the 2230.....it will sound great at low to medium volumes. 30 watts of old school muscle can only go so far. I love the sound of vintage Marantz with Klipsch.

Hopefully, this will satisfy your listening taste mated with the RF-3's. Good luck and keep us posted. [:D]

Thanks dale

All i can say after a two nights audition of the 2230 n rf3s is

Wow !!!

Musical,rich fruity and room filling bass full presentation at any volume levels

Very happy and surprised at this purchase

Its an immaculately conditioned set

Very robust built

Beautiful display

Fully functional

My klipsch had always had a good high and mid range end

I wasnt happy with its lows

I always insulted my room acoustics

But this gear here ,2230, has it all working out gr8

The lows are mellow and beefy,no hangovers ,no booms

And the highs and mids r very velvety and transparent

Not painful at all

Behold! Klipsch has been tamed !!!!

Lolz

But now

Yeah i see those pre amp outs at the back, i was thinking of connecting the JVC axz 911 superfine digi, that i am running with my kenwoods downstairs for movies . Its got 90 watts per channel of power

But wud that hamper with marantzs sonics ?

I mean wot change wud this coupling bring!

Wud it sound more like jvc or like the sweet ol marantz

The other amp is the old Quad 303

Wch doesnot have those regular back panel switches and connectors , but it sounds awesome

My question is how wud i couple quad 303. To the marantz 2230

As for the Marantz sound, I've always felt it was a combination of 80% pre and 20% Amp. Meaning the laid back but refined sound is mainly in the Pre. You would gain headroom and bass response (speed) by using an outboard amp. I would however caution on the JVC - it might sound to sharp in comparison.

I did some quick reading on the Quad 303 Amplifier and 33 Pre. Interesting pieces... Very interesting bias circuitry.

There are mods you can do (or have done) to the back panel of your 303 to accept Phono Jacks. Or simply have a Din to RCA cable built. I do not know if I post a link... but you can check out Net Audio in the UK.

I've read some complaints about the bass rolloff (lack of bass) on the 303, have you experianced this. I think it is due to the coupling used.

...sorry if I am rambling.

Thanks man

Really liked it ,ur consulting for the quads

Well they sure r a great gear

I am yet to have any recent amp that beats their sonic superiority

Though their bass roll off is definitely there but it was more felt when klipsch were used

With my celestion 9 bookshelves , quad is un beaten

But marantz 2230 has that beautiful lows

Hey ,

Mind if ud tell me something ,about that slight low end roll off of the quads

U know they sound tighter and neater than ALL amps iv got ,including marantz

But tight is not always prefered na

U need a bit of rumble in the bass too;)

Thats why they sound a bit poor on bass

Nevertheless they r gr8

so how cud i gain some marantz like lows from quads

I live in pakistan

Those upgrades may be difficult here ,but not impossible

I do have a gr8 technician who does these hi ranked amps and tubes too

But i felt reluctant to mess with these genuine beasts !

And how do i make those cables ,plz elaborate too,if ur not tired of me ,lolz !

Am i rambling ,now ?

Lolz

Tc

Pakistan would be a bit of a trip for me! :-) There are sites out there that sell the cables.

Here's one that looks OK. http://www.flashbacksales.co.uk/acatalog/4-pin-din-phono-rca-cables.html They specify the Quad 303.

Then you should be able to attach the 303 to the Marantz Preout and enjoy. Looking the the circuits, most of the rolloff should be a result of the Quad 33 Preamp - so should sound great!

Keep that vintage gear rollin'