1st Post

Firesign

I dearly loved my cats... strictly indoor creatures here. They provided much comfort and happiness.Now that the two have passed on, I won't replace them. They were both in the their upper teens... The best two cats one could ever have. Partly my reason for not getting another.

Bruce

When our previous 2 died 2 years apart both at 17, I'd didn't think we'd get any more.

Well, we made it 2 months! The house just seemed empty. I went to the shelter and found 2 kittens. When I took the wife the next day for her approval of my find, she spied their dad in the cage too. We came home with the whole family.

Sorry to hear of both your losses & grats to cfelliott on new friends. Two of our original cats are still with us - one is around 17 & the other is 15. I really do think that losing pets are like losing human friends, but when we make new friends they don't replace the older ones, they just become a new opportunity to share. Maybe it's from growing up as an "Air Force Brat" & moving every 2-3 years, but I feel that every loss should become a new beginning...

Thanks.

I just wanted to tell you that I've been thinking of the following for 2 days since seeing you avatar and name:

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.

Much thanks for making my morning. Oh how I miss the "old days" (though if I could go back I'd be saying "Oh how I miss the new days" - Lol). Glad "We're all bozos on this bus"....

"Go ahead and squeeze the wheeze... many people want to..."

Some of the funniest stuff I have ever heard. I'm just glad I survived...

Yes Sir indeed. Side 2 of "Waiting For The Electrician" has always IMHO been the high point of "high humor" - pun respectively submitted for your approval.... Can't tell you how many times through the years working in an ER someone would say "It's Showtime" ("All That Jazz" reference) to which I'd respond Yup, "He's OK & ready to play Beat The Reaper". The only thing I've found to come close to Firesign Theater is real-life humor in the ER or OR. And yes, glad I am we survived, but I don't think things are really that much safer for the current generation. It's always a "crap-shoot" & sometimes ya get covered by the ensuing splatter... Now follow along as we learn three new words in Turkish - ...towel, ...delight, ... border. May I see your passport, please............

Don't forget Mrs. Preski

Who could forget her: Mrs. Presky after being awarded the grand prize "But... it's a bag of sh*t, Game show host "But it's great sh*t". Actually I had forgotten her name, but have often referred to it talking to people, usually whenever the rich and/or special interests get another hand-out/tax break & the rest of us are left holding the bag... Thanks for making me "google" her & remember her name again.

Wasn't sure on the spelling, have used that line as well through the years.

I wasn't sure on the spelling either - that's why I used the asterisk....(well, OK, didn't want to do a "obscene post" - lol. Hard to know what is obscene till you cross the line.)