My review of the Hi Fi Plus review of Heresy III

Richard Guba

Its good to read good reviews about speakers ( or any other kit) you own isn't it? Like a a complement to your dog or offspring.

But the truth is there are no honest reviews. Really honest magazines don't last. Oly those that humour the readers and munufacturers survive.

I won't even mention 'subliminal advertising' disguied as a review for a fee which of course goes on all the time.

So beware, trust your ears. If it sounds like sh1t it probably does - if it sound good others might still think is sounds like sh1t.

ok: the Heresy are the BEST speakers in the world! But so what? they still sound like ... to some and they'd be right probably.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to come down hard on reviewers, possibly because I didn't understand the pressures they work under. I still enjoy reading reviews of gear that I own and gear I'd like to own. In many cases reading about this stuff is as close as I'm ever going to get. I've been around long enough now to be able to read between the (review) lines.

My current philosophy is that if a piece of equipment is good enough to to jolt a jaded reviewer out his complacency, then it's good enough for me have a listen for myself.

You can tell that the reviewer is a little surprised at what he heard and genuinely likes the Heresy lll.