Bettercables...anyone have any experience?

JCturboT

VERY positive experience w/ Bettercables. Recently replaced some of my Monster interconnects and speaker wires w/ Bettercables. Equipment:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Pioneer Elite DV-C36 DVD Changer

Yamaha CDC-775 CD Player

Klipsch RF-3, RC-3, RS-3, KSW-12

Pair of JBL Studio Monitor 4406's for the rear center channel

Sony XBR 32" TV

Scientific Atlanta Explorer Dig. Cable box

I bought the Premium bi-wire speaker cables (banana to bi-wire spade) for the main and center channels, the premium subwoofer Y cable, the Ultra component video cable for the DVD to TV, the Ultra digital coax for the DVD to receiver and the premium toslink for the CD Player to receiver. I still have Monster XP NW going to my RS-3's because the cables are run under a door and the Bettercables speaker wire is quite large. I was instantly impressed with the quality of the Bettercables compared to my Monsters. They look like "professional" grade cables.

My room size is 18'x30'approx. I had LARGE expectations on the Bettercables after all the reviews I read and I can honestly tell you that in my situation they delivered. It sounds like a different room now (much larger). Very smooth sound. I was afraid of some high range harshnesh until they got broken in, but they sound warmer with less harshnesh than the Monsters I used. Bass response seems more pronounced than before (tighter and quicker). BTW my mains and center channels were NOT bi-wired w/the Monsters.

In addition, the cost of these cables were not nearly as expensive as other "comparable" cables. I did a lot of reviewing on audio review and went to each cable companies websites and priced their products (JPS Labs, Tara Labs, MIT Cables, AudioQuest, KimberKable, DH Labs, Silver Audio, etc.. you get the picture).

I took about 2 weeks for my cables to arrive. You actually deal with the owner of the company (Brad Marcus) instead of a CSR.

I hope I did not get too long winded but in a nutshell I am VERY pleased with my Bettercables.

I also use Better Cables Svideo cables. I usually make my own, but I have to tell you that I was quite impressed with the build quality. Also, they work really well.

On Svideo cables, it really is not worth you time to make them. Too difficult to make all those tiny soldier connections.

I also had quick delivery. Overall, very positive. I would buy from them again. Of course, I would still make them first, if I could.

Mike.