Klipsch sub 10, worth it? plus some questions

DeeBrees

Hi.

This is my first question here (but I frequently visit a few other boards) so let's introduce me a bit, im running a HT setup with my dedicated HTPC and an Onkyo receiver. Ever since I started with this I've always had a thing for Klipsch speakers so I though I'd finally get one.

However I've read that alot of people here on the board have had problems with the amps on this specific version, would you say this is common enough to stop me from buying one? (wouldn't mind if it was let's say 1 out of 20 or so going wrong but I have no idea of the failure rate).

I also heard alot of them were bought at the black friday sale a while ago, is this a universal problem i.e. is it as common in Europe (where I'm getting mine)? Unfortunately we've had alot of problems getting a distributor here.

Oh well, that's not as happy of a first post I hoped to be posting but I want to make sure I can get one of these nice subs without worrying too much..

Thanks

D.B.

Hi and thanks for the fast response, i'm currently using some entry level floorstanders but looking into getting some bookshelf speakers a la the RB61s(haven't decided on that yet, gonna read some more first to please the waf-devil.

I'll probably go try out something else (i know svs, velodyne are popular) and maybe the RW10D along with some eurobrands like Canton. If anyone have some suggestions I'm happy to here it.

• 1 month later...

just bought one of this model (Sub-10) from an exclusive distributor in germany (i live in italy) it was really a bargain because it cost half the listed price,but after one week of normal use it wont work anymore. luckily and with many, many patience and pleading to deal with, i had it replaced (the amplifier only, because freight cost more if i return the entire sub woofer). i just dont know what's the problem with the amp. it wont turn on again and no lights or sounds. when i opened the amplifier, there's are no sign or traces of fried or busted parts. Now back to your question if its really worth it? Yes it is because you wont expect the sound quality from this product in respect with its price bracket with other brands.