Downsizing- La-Scala questions

CJN

My parents are going through a quasi remodel- Mom says those big speakers should go- Dad hasn't found anything that equals the sound of the scala's in smaller box...

Question: What is a comparable klipsch speaker that would come close to the sound quality/efficiency of a La-Scala-

Heresy?

Your thoughts are welcomed.

My parents are going through a quasi remodel- Mom says those big speakers should go- Dad hasn't found anything that equals the sound of the scala's in smaller box...

Question: What is a comparable klipsch speaker that would come close to the sound quality/efficiency of a La-Scala-

Heresy?

Your thoughts are welcomed.

Yes, the Heresy is probably the closet you can come in such a small size. (Heresy IIIs sound even better than Heresy IIs or Is.)

Also, (discontinued; Used).... KLF20s or 30s and Forte IIs are all nice choices. Not sure if Cornwalls are much smaller than LS, but are considered to be (almost) on par with LaScalas...... (Some like them better)....

No flames please! [:D]

Good Luck!

In a smaller package honestly nothing will do that. Heresey's sound good but they are not La Scala's. In terms of versatility the La Scala is my favorite Klipsch speaker. IMO they can best Klipschorms when a good sub solution is implemented.

look at the cornwall dims- big speakers but not quite as deep and the tend to Hide better in a room than Lascalas- Personally for 2 ch music vs HT I prefer the cornwalls with a few tweaks. Hereseys would be an excellent choice but I prefer the Cornwalls. I have Lascalas Cornwalls and K horns in the same room. Hereseys vs K horns..That is a another story with many twists and turns. With good corners I think K horns are pretty much impossible to better with out spending Jubilee money-IMHO.

A good set of Cornwalls with up dated innards is pretty hard to guard.

I went from La Scalas to Fortes and to me the Fortes sound better on most of the music I listen to![:o]

10% of the music I own are outstanding recordings, 10% are very good, 60% are good/okay, 20% suck.

Now with La Scalas(LS) the 20% outstanding/very good sounded incredible but when I got the Fortes I realized that Fortes to me sounded better overall. Now remember I said overall, highs, midrange, and BASS. The LS midrange was better but the overall sound of the Fortes was better than the LS to me.

Also another area the Fortes was better is with the 60% of good/okay recordings. On LS I never turned this section of my music up very loud, more background music. With Fortes the 60% good/okay sound soo much better than on La Scalas.

So if space is a issue go with Forte/Forte II. Chorus/Chorus II are not much bigger and sound very good also. If you have more room then maybe Cornwalls.

• Moderators

Just have you dad tell your mother he will get rid of the LaScalas and all she has to do is get him a pair of Palladiums, problem solved !

Or a simple "NO I am going to keep my speakers" should get the message across, or at least start the fight. [:-*]

Just have you dad tell your mother he will get rid of the LaScalas and all she has to do is get him a pair of Palladiums, problem solved !

Or a simple "NO I am going to keep my speakers" should get the message across, or at least start the fight. Whisper

I agree with dtel... Women that try to wear the pants SUCK!!! Men that let them SUCK twice as much!

I don't care if they are moving into a HUT!! I will bet you can find a few things she has that can go just as easily to make up for the room loss...

Roger

When Momma said downsize the speakers, I don't think Cornwalls are what she had in mind. [:D] I agree that either Chorus or Fortes will shrink the footprint, plus give Dad the quality sound he is trying to keep. Not comparing these to the La Scalas, just offering a compromise to the OP's question.

What is a comparable klipsch speaker that would come close to the sound quality/efficiency of a La-Scala-

I think one point of irony is.... a pair of Klipchorns will fit in the room better than a pair of LaScalas.

LaScalas are space hogs. Since the Khorns fit in the corners, they are tucked away much more efficiently.

Perhaps your mother should be careful of that which she asks for? [6]

Or a simple "NO I am going to keep my speakers" should get the message across, or at least start the fight. Whisper

I agree with dtel... Women that try to wear the pants SUCK!!! Men that let them SUCK twice as much!

I don't care if they are moving into a HUT!! I will bet you can find a few things she has that can go just as easily to make up for the room loss...

Roger

Hut, sweet hut.

Bless this hut.

My hut is your hut.

Thou shalt not let moochers into thine hut.

Pizza, the hut.

The hut is where the heart is.

A man's hut is his castle.

Women that try to wear the pants SUCK!!!

This opens up all kinds of possibilities...

Chorus IIs, maybe, since they would be my choice if I didn't have LaScalas. How could you remodel and give the LS the boot? If anything, the remodeling should be to better intergrate them into your room.

Bruce

Roger- plus one on the wearing pants comment- Our living room is a gun/car detailing/wine storage/listening room with MY STUFF. The wimps who give in to WAF attacks make it hard for the real men in the crowd by example.Big Smile Raise a glass to ya buddyYes

Thanks winchester,

I believe it, and live it. First big argument where the wife wouldn't shut up, I picked her up and put her on the couch. First time she came back in and wouldn't shut up after I put her on the couch, and I picked her up and put her on the front porch at 2 AM, locked the door, and told her to go to her mothers. They don't like to go to their mothers when it is you that put them out.

Roger