New Peter Frampton album is ready to drop soon!

picky

'Thank You Mr. Churchill' is due to release April 27th! It's Frampton's latest album since his excellent instrumental album 'Fingerprints' which was released in September of 2006. (It is also being released in a vinyl version for $33.23 at Amazon). -Glenn

For more infromation: http://www.musiccountdown.com/Music/Peter-Frampton/Thank-You-Mr-Churchill

post-10177-13819555755626_thumb.jpg

post-10177-1381958193745_thumb.jpg

I still give "comes alive" a spin every now and again. That one is a classic. Sadly, I often find myself sorely disappointed in later efforts by so many artists. Jackson Browne quickly comes to mind. I saw him twice in concert. Once right after "Shakey Town" and then again many years later. That second concert was torture! Hopefully ole Peter has held together better?

Part of "Frampton Comes Alive" was recorded at the Long Island Arena (home of the Long Island Ducks hockey team which competed in the old Eastern Hockey League), listening to that album still brings back memories of that beautiful old building which was torn down about 15 years ago. Built in the fifties, it had wood trusses and a nice small feel that was perfect for hockey and concerts alike. It later served as home to a large flee market and I remember it as the place to go and meet girls (there was a roller rink next door), I can only imagine what seeing Frampton, The Who or many of the others that performed there must have been like.

Not a huge Frampton fan. But, there was a Frampton song from the early 70's titled 'Sailing Away (today?)' that aired sparingly. I have never heard it played of late. There's but a single version on you tube. I like Frampton as a person but most of his music seemed contrived to me. Yet this one song had a lilt. There are many such songs from many performers I guess. Just a thought.

Guys,

Do yourself a favor and buy Framptons album Fingerprints. It is as picky said an all instrumental album with a mix of rock and blues and is recorded very well. I, like a lot of you was a teenager when Frampton comes alive came out. Still have that original copy on vinyl and yes in my opinion everything he did after that album was nothing to write home about.

I was flipping through the channels on the dish a few years back ( voom network which I miss ) and came across him in concert and he was playing tunes from the Fingerprints album and I thought " man, this guy in on to something with these tunes, mix of blues with rock, electric and acoustic selections, very nice.

And again, recorded very well, at least it is at my house with Mcintosh driving Khorns ( vtracs, alk es networks,crites tweeter). Sweet sounds

Randy

I always liked Frampton Comes Alive.

How many here heard about the secret line in "Do you feel" done on the talk box?

Do you feel...... like I do....... I want to f--k you.......

For years it has sounded like "I want to THANK YOU" to me. Listen again.

I always liked Frampton Comes Alive.

How many here heard about the secret line in "Do you feel" done on the
talk box?

Do you feel...... like I do....... I want to f--k you.......

For years it has sounded like "I want to THANK YOU" to me. Listen
again.

...and always thought he said "...I want to thank you..." since he was in concert...

Bill

But had you heard the controversy of the other word being used?

Guys,

Do yourself a favor and buy Framptons album Fingerprints. It is as picky said an all instrumental album with a mix of rock and blues and is recorded very well. I, like a lot of you was a teenager when Frampton comes alive came out. Still have that original copy on vinyl and yes in my opinion everything he did after that album was nothing to write home about.

I was flipping through the channels on the dish a few years back ( voom network which I miss ) and came across him in concert and he was playing tunes from the Fingerprints album and I thought " man, this guy in on to something with these tunes, mix of blues with rock, electric and acoustic selections, very nice.

And again, recorded very well, at least it is at my house with Mcintosh driving Khorns ( vtracs, alk es networks,crites tweeter). Sweet sounds

Randy

Nice writeup. Thanks for sharing that.