kpt mcm-4-t-grand

tinevalen

tinevalen,

Orriginally, there were passive crossovers as a sepperate box for each stack. These passive crossover boxes differ on if the MCM stack had the MSM with the single Gausse driver, or the K manifold with four K-55 drivers attached. There were also boxes for the three way MCM systems, again two versions depending on if the MSM had a single two inch Gausse driver, or K-manifold with four K-55 drivers attached. These orriginal crossover boxes are rare as hell, especially since you need to match the box, or modify it, one box for each stack!!

Michael Colter has the only pair of the orriginal Klipsch passive MCM crossovers that I have even seen picture of.

Bob Crites, a member here on the forum, has the orriginal schematics for all four types of passive crossovers. He can build you a pair for arround $800, although they will look nothing like the orriginals physically.

Of course, you can always go with active crossovers as well.

Roger

passive crossover built in? uses active crossover?

I sure did think back too far!! [:S]

I was thinking on auto-pilot!! I was talking the MCM-1900 system!

Never get MCM-4-T-Grand questions....

JC would be the man to field this question, as he is the only one I know of on the forum who owns a set.

Roger

Roger, you set the time machine back too far.Wink

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/kpt-mcm-4-t-grand-overview/

place an 'N' in the part number for the KPT loudspeaker with passive components separating the HF sections from MF. Passive networks are available for many of the models, more so in recent years in an attempt to save theater installers money on amp channels. I don't think any of them is available in a fully passive configuration as was the MCM1900 setup.