Girl Cave

dtel's wife

• Moderators

I have heard about all the "Man Caves" many of you have designed for yourselves and decided I needed a "Girl Cave". I set about designing the space allocated for my new "Girl Cave", while dtel and my brother made plans for the construction. So...for all of you that are wondering what a dream come true "Girl Cave" looks like...here you go.

post-20052-13819555825426_thumb.jpg

post-20052-1381958198925_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I must thank dtel and my brother for their dedication in building my dream come true "Girl Cave". A very special thank you goes out to forum members Jay and Colterphoto who so willingly pitched in and helped while they were visiting us this past week. My fabrics, supplies and machines were all in an upstairs bedroom...so it was quite a chore to make the move downstairs.

And...Jay thanks again for fixing my internet problem.

Thanks a lot, Christy. This will give Mrs. Fini some ideas...She will be soooo jealous!

Great work, guys! I really would like to give Cathy something like this (modified for quilting, her passion).

Our Son moved out of his room when he joined the Navy (go figgure!) so the wife took over his room. We gutted the closet and lined it top to bottom, side to side with shelves and moved in all the materials, boxes, projects etc. We set up the tables and some of our 10 sewing machines and now she has her own cave, like you! I bet your stuff gets used more than my wife's though.

Nice "cave" indeed I hope you get LOTS of use from it and enjoy every minute you get to use it! Very NICE!

• Moderators

Very nice indeed, Christy! How foreign of a concept it is to me to have an entire space carved out and devoted to what you love to do. But makes a whole lot of sense! And nice choice in the in-ceiling speakers [Y]

I'm afraid I would be very lost spelunking in that particular cave, however. I can barely darn a sock.

Thank god my wife does not frequent this website haha...on one hand she might understand my desire to buy stupid amount of speakers...I have no more rooms in my house for a girl-cave though. Good work though...looks like an excellent space to take care of all you work/project/schooling [Y]