Girl Cave

dtel's wife

• Moderators

Wow Guys! I can't believe it looks like that now compared to when I saw it just a couple of weeks ago! Good work and sorry about that tube thing!LOL

Captain, thank you for the nice words. It was great having you visit...sorry you had to witness all that mess in the process of our construction. Don't apologize for the "tube thing". One day...we will have tubes...probably a tube pre-amp... I hope all is well with your mom, please keep us updated.

I hope you can make back down this way soon and maybe spend a little more time. It's great having our Klipsch forum friends pass through and hanging their hats for a few days. CaptMobley, Jay, Colter and soon Groomlake and family....all within a month...and all really great folks to have visit. Thanks to each of you for spending time with us...we really enjoy having our Forum friends visit.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great room for great people. Looks fantastic, congrats too.

I could go on, but alot already said and good points too. My only suggestion is for you to find you a sub someplace so you can keep the volume down and have it
"feel" louder too. Just add enough to give it a little bottom, not a
thump thump thump thing.... You know what I mean too. So it sounds fuller. It also will play a little easier over the sound of the machines too.

PS. You can kill it when other (Women) come in the "workplace," I mean.... in the Girl Cave!

What type of music do you prefer in the Girl Cave?

• Moderators

I miss massive amounts of oysters too. Bring em on, raw or fried, either way I love(d) it.

I have been craving a help yourself Roger "Po Boy" Oyster sandwich since then, with lots of mmmmm fried oysters.

Those really were good, now I am starving! waaaaaaaa

Roger I didn't mean to leave you out, but your visit back in September for dtel's birthday was awesome. You really surprised him! A sack of raw oysters awaits your next visit! Love you boyfriend!

• Moderators

Quite a nice hideout! Ok, it looks like you do professional embroidery. What are the "inputs" you can work from? In other words, what way would people give you the design they want?

Mark,

The Brother PR620 can convert any embroidery format..i.e. PES, ART, HUS, DST and a few others. Or I can take a simple drawing, saying, photograph or whatever and have it "digitized" into an acceptable format. In other words I can take even a jpg and digitize it to embroider it. I hope that answers your question. If not, let me know and I will try to be more clear.

Beautiful job and such a high level of organization. First rate! (I'd say Top Notch™, but that's already taken)

BTW, we home-schooled and enjoyed the rewarding experience. We have at least one friend locally home schooling grandchildren.

Christy, congratulations on your Girl Cave. Always imagined a girl cave full of attractive, single women holding signs that said Welcome Steve (you know us bachelor types); but, you have a nice room there. Also, you have the equipment to crank out some nice Raider gear. Enjoy the room! Regards, Steve

I also embroider polo shirts/hats for businesses/schools. I have even embroidered a name on a saddle pad for someone

So if I wanted particular shirts with certain logo that started with a K (shhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't want Amy to slap me on the wrist for this) put on those shirts, you could do that.[^o)]

• Moderators

I also embroider polo shirts/hats for businesses/schools. I have even embroidered a name on a saddle pad for someone

So if I wanted particular shirts with certain logo that started with a K (shhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't want Amy to slap me on the wrist for this) put on those shirts, you could do that.Hmm

It is my understanding from past experience that I can not embroider anything that could be considered a "registered trademark" without permission. I have embroidered items for folks once permission was granted. I would like to work out an arrangement with Klipsch for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY whereby the members could order a polo shirt, etc. (of excellent quality), have it drop shipped to me, I embroider the item and return it to the member.

I really would like to see if we could come up with an idea for "Forum Members Only" shirt logos, if there is enough interest...I think that would be really cool. It is possible Klipsch would not have a problem with that idea...I will contact Amy personally and see what, if anything could be worked out.

• Moderators

Beautiful job and such a high level of organization. First rate! (I'd say Top Notch™, but that's already taken)

BTW, we home-schooled and enjoyed the rewarding experience. We have at least one friend locally home schooling grandchildren.

Evan, the most difficult part of home schooling is keeping organized and on track. I home school year round, mainly because we take so many trips out of town. I do make Buddy do some school work when we travel, if I do not think the educational experience of the trip is enough.

For instance, when we went to Indianapolis for the Pilgrimage I did not force him to do school work. I felt the experience of visiting the corporate headquarters, touring the anechoic (sp) chamber, testing Professor Thump's not yet released ear phones, etc. was extremely educational for a child who was only seven years old at the time.

Same thing goes for the cruises we have taken, the opportunity to visit Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Caymen was truly a rewarding experience for a child that was only eight years old. Buddy is a very well rounded, well adjusted child who loves to learn. He was involved with martial arts for a few years and earned his black belt. He remains active in church and has several nieces and nephews that are around his age, as well as two cousins that now live here with us.

And...you are right...the reward of seeing him grasp a new concept/idea is enough for me...

It is my understanding from past experience that I can not embroider anything that could be considered a "registered trademark" without permission. I have embroidered items for folks once permission was granted. I would like to work out an arrangement with Klipsch for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY whereby the members could order a polo shirt, etc. (of excellent quality), have it drop shipped to me, I embroider the item and return it to the member.

I really would like to see if we could come up with an idea for "Forum Members Only" shirt logos, if there is enough interest...I think that would be really cool. It is possible Klipsch would not have a problem with that idea...I will contact Amy personally and see what, if anything could be worked out.

Keep me posted as I would have an interest in getting a couple.

Wow Guys! I can't believe it looks like that now compared to when I saw it just a couple of weeks ago! Good work and sorry about that tube thing!LOL

Geepers, is there ever a week without a visitor to the Dtel encampment? I was there the week after you, some other speaker dude from the neighborhood dropped in too, and I think GLA51's will be there next weekend! They love their company, that's for sure. And I've never even been handed the 'pineapple' after three trips! LOL

Christy, congratulations on your Girl Cave. Always imagined a girl cave full of attractive, single women holding signs that said Welcome Steve (you know us bachelor types); but, you have a nice room there. Also, you have the equipment to crank out some nice Raider gear. Enjoy the room! Regards, Steve

Ah, such signage does exist, it's nicely displayed when I show up (at airport, train station, whatever) - it says

'Welcome Rock Star'

( I belive you qualify for this title too mang). tee hee

Michael

Ah, such signage does exist, it's nicely displayed when I show up (at airport, train station, whatever) - it says

'Welcome Rock Star'

( I belive you qualify for this title too mang). tee hee

Michael

Well Brother, like buddy holly said, "the sky was made for the stars." You got the hair my friend--the sign of a true Rock Star!

sadly, i don't see those signs much in my aging years (turning 50 this summer--yikes!); but, i'm not giving up--there's got to be a College for Blind Girls out there somewhere that i can find a date. --Steve--

• Moderators

Michael, I don't know how many folks on here would actually know what "being given a pineapple" actually means...it's a "southern thang"! LOL

Pete and Fini, I am going to try to get with Amy this week and see what she if anything can be done with a "forum members only" t-shirt deal.

Steve, don't sell yourself short....it's all in your mind....as dtel likes to tell me! After all, you don't have to have fluffy, curly hair to be a "rock star." [:o]

Geepers, is there ever a week without a visitor to the Dtel encampment? I was there the week after you, some other speaker dude from the neighborhood dropped in too, and I think GLA51's will be there next weekend! They love their company, that's for sure. And I've never even been handed the 'pineapple' after three trips! LOL

you can say my name!