Girl Cave

dtel's wife

• Moderators

What? No stripper pole?

If you look closely you will see a pole in the corner of one of the pics. Dtel wanted to put the pole in the center of the room and hold "try outs". I told him..."no way"...it had to go in the corner![;)]

• Moderators

That is one cool room! I love seeing custom built purpose rooms that are well designed.

Dave, trust me...it was truly a "labor of love" on dtel's part...(with the help of my awesome brother). It takes a lot of effort to communicate what is needed in a room like this to someone, and that someone has to have A LOT of patience. Dtel renovated this space to my specifications...of course with his suggestions, that's why it turned out as nice as it did. I couldn't have done it without his input. I can't tell you how much I appreciate dtel sacrificing his time and his space for me. This is something I have always wanted. I even tried the "sewing room in a closet" idea....couldn't handle it!

Wow! The machine on the wall makes jeans?

Thats neat, thanks for sharing your "Girl Cave"

BTW - I think you need an overstuffed chair and some bigger Klipsch though.

Matt, the machine on the wall is an embroidery machine!

I am pretty sure that embroidery machine cost more than a lot of our audio gear does. Very nice room, professional, efficient keeps those creative ideas flowing. Enjoy!

• Moderators

Wow! The machine on the wall makes jeans?

Thats neat, thanks for sharing your "Girl Cave"

BTW - I think you need an overstuffed chair and some bigger Klipsch though.

Matt, the machine on the wall is an embroidery machine!

I am pretty sure that embroidery machine cost more than a lot of our audio gear does. Very nice room, professional, efficient keeps those creative ideas flowing. Enjoy!

Art,

The embroidery machine is a Brother PR620...it's an awesome machine....MSRP between $12,000 and $16,000 depending on the additional bells and whistles. As with anything of this nature, there are a lot of bells and whistles...including lots of embroidery software.

This particular set up cost the original owner about $15,000 which was a pretty good deal considering the extras she purchased with the machine. The original owner had the machine about 3 months, with less than 30 hours running time, according to the machine's internal memory.

Long story short...the woman got breast implants and two months later decided to divorce her high school sweetheart/husband and sold me the machine for approximately $6,000, with all the extras she had purchased! I have increased my inventory of embroidery thread (mainly because I love all the pretty colors)[;)], but other than that....nothing else is needed. Even included extra hoops and the hat driver (used to embroider ball caps)

Admittedly, that is a substantial amount of money, but well worth the investment. Just like our Klipsch speakers![:D]