No Rift-Raft Here

dtel's wife

• Moderators

Okay guys/gals....here's a warning....this is a "sappy" post, but this has really been on my mind the last few days and I just wanted to take a couple of minutes to let everyone know how important the friends we have made on this forum are.

After having several forum members visit our home in the last couple of months it has become even more apparent to me there is "No Rift Raft Here".

In the past four or five years we have met numerous forum members. Either on Pilgrimages in Hope and Indy, informal get togethers in Hope, in passing through the towns/cities members live in or by way of members visiting our home. I have never seen such a genuinely friendly, honest, down to earth group of folks before in my life.

Each of you have become an integral part of our everyday lives. I don't want to start naming names because I am sure I would leave someone out. There are times that some of you stepped in on a personal level to offer well wishes or just to reassure us that something happening in our lives would be okay. For instance, when dtel had the emergency appendectomy a couple of years ago, the number of emails, pms and telephone calls meant so much to me. When our children, grandchildren or other family members achieved success you all offered congratulations. During the aftermath of Katrina, the concern and offers of many on this forum were so appreciated.

Some of you have sent gifts to us on special ocassions and then some have given us gifts just for no reason at all. The gifts are not the important thing (not that we haven't appreciated them)....it's the life long relationships that really matter.

On the ocassions we have been guests in other forum members homes we have always been made to feel "at home." I only hope that we can return the friendship, hospitality and well wishes to all of you that have given so much to us.

As much as would like to come back with some kind of sick humor wisecrack I will refrain[6]

I have met some of the Forum members- spent the night in their houses and bought tons of gear that I have spents countless hours enjoying. I came here a year ago not knowing and wasting money. The members of this forum have graciouisly given me advice - sometimes several times becuase I tend to forget.I would never have anywhere near what I have now for the nickels and dimes on the dollar invested. We do not always agree off topic issues but that may be the beauty of the concept of sharing a common interest. It has been fun and I hope it continues for many years.

Nice post- very well stated.

Ok then I will step in. I am trained for the command of the rift raft, but it is clearly not needed here. Personally everyone I've met or dealt with here has been "top notch" for sure. A word of advice: always deploy the sea anchor if there is no tiller on the raft.

No Rift Raft Here

Pffffft.... what's that make me, the local stud muffin or chopped liver?

I've always wanted to be a rift raft.

Oh well... I'm sure we all still luv ya!

Left HugRight Hug

So... you're a floater? There's a whole raft of possibilities... [:#]

Sorry, but I have to completely disagree. The people who hang out here are a bunch of bums with lousy taste in music who do nothing but try to sell you used stereo equipment and big a$$ old speakers. [:D] They are a group of the worst kind of enablers whose sole interest is seperating you from your money. Even when a sale in the "Garage Sale" forum doesn't involve them, they feel the need to chime in with their opinions as to the merits of said equipment or the price point that it is being offered at.

I have spent over $2000 here on these forums purchasing multiple sets of speakers, an Amp & matching Pre-Amp, cables and other various pieces of equipment. With friends like these, who needs enemies? [;)]

Sorry, but I have to completely disagree. The people who hang out here are a bunch of bums with lousy taste in music who do nothing but try to sell you used stereo equipment and big a$$ old speakers. Big Smile They are a group of the worst kind of enablers whose sole interest is seperating you from your money. Even when a sale in the "Garage Sale" forum doesn't involve them, they feel the need to chime in with their opinions as to the merits of said equipment or the price point that it is being offered at.

I have spent over $2000 here on these forums purchasing multiple sets of speakers, an Amp & matching Pre-Amp, cables and other various pieces of equipment. With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Wait til those Jubilee guys get started on you.....talk about relentless riff raff....

[<:o)]

Okay guys/gals....here's a warning....this is a "sappy" post

After having several forum members visit our home in the last couple of months it has become even more apparent to me there is "No Rift Raft Here".

Christy,

I like "sappy posts".

Every now and then we need a sappy moment in our lives, just to cope with the barrage from CNN, FOX,ABC, CBS, NBC and all the other funnels of crap and hatred that we receive daily.

As far as riff-raff is concerned, I'm sure that my soon-to-be (any day now) ex-wife of 33 years would disagree.

I got the sappy genome from somewhere and highly recommend it to anyone.

Randall

I thought Mr. M. Coulter had been to visit you'all before, guess I was wrong. [A]