Guest Anonymous

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums Randy. Which models are you considering? IMO, I've always preferred the cherry finish to the black. To my taste, they have a more elegant look than the standard black finish. When the lights go out, and you begin to hear them roar, they all disappear. Remember, the front of them are black too so that may help with distractions. I think it is merely a personal choice, but as far as a distraction, I don't see it being a problem.

Do you guys think that black speakers are any better for HT? It seems to me that black speakers may be less noticable while watching a movie.

If this is your only measure of merit, then "black" is my answer (but mine only came in black: see profile). [H]

However, if you are thinking about trading up at some point, I'd recommend some exotic zebrawood, cherry, or other. [ip]

Stay away from light colors if you are going to trade up. [um]

Finally, if WAF is a criterion, then whatever color she wants - that's the right color. [;)]

Personally I like the black look, I have had oak wood finishes and now have black ash, both disappeared when the lights went off and the movie started. Get whichever look you prefer and that best matches your room when you want them to be seen.

All mine are hidden... LOL

Black speakers will seem to hide themselves, and you will just watch what is on the screen. (Which is the idea here too!!!!)

If you have a dedicted room, I would go this route. Keep the electronics away from the fronts too. Nothing like blinking lights...to bother you.

Of course if this is in a bookshelf.. that is different. In a family room, match what you can with your significant other.

Good luck!

Black speakers will seem to hide themselves, and you will just watch what is on the screen.

Really? I guess that I didn't really notice these...do you?

Chris's multi-purpose room

Black speakers will seem to hide themselves, and you will just watch what is on the screen.

Really? I guess that I didn't really notice these...do you?

Chris's multi-purpose room

I just spilled my soda all over the desk...... LMAO.....

I can always depend on the forum to make my day! [:D]

Your comment about the lighter colors is interesting.

I got that one from a guy that was making and selling Khorn clones (good ones). He couldn't get rid of "blond" speakers, as he called them. He discounted them by 30% or more and still couldn't sell them. Walnut (heartwood) seemed to be the best color for sales.

Chris