Klipsch Monogrammed/Embroidered Shirts

• Moderators

I have received the okay from Amy to offer shirts embroidered with the Klipsch logos. I will not be making a profit on the items I offer. I do have permission to charge for materials and my time. That being said, I would like some input from those of you that may be interested in ordering shirts. If you guys/gals could answer a couple of questions for me I can begin the process of selecting shirts. These questions are important in my decision making process.

Polo shirts are my preference for embroidery/monogramming on shirts. However, most other shirts such as denim shirts or bowling shirts will not be a problem. I WILL NOT offer any embroidery/monogramming on T-shirts, so please DO NOT ask.

Questions:

1. What kind of price range would you like to see for the shirts being offered? Please include what you would be willing to pay for the shirt, monogramming/embroidering and shipping in the amount you give.

2. If your expectations were met or exceeded on the price range, how many shirts do you think you would purchase? (This is just for ordering estimation purposes, no one will be held to any quantity stated in this thread.)

3. Would you prefer a couple of different shirts to choose from? In other words, do you want a less expensive shirt, as well as a higher quality shirt to choose from? Would you like denim and polo shirts to be offered? What is your preference? Feel free to give me a link to a website you may have used for ordering shirts. I will take a look at any suggested sites and take those into consideration when making my final decision.

4. Would you prefer to purchase the shirts yourselves and ship them to me for monogramming/embroidery?

5. Do you want me to handle all the ordering of the shirts, charge a flat price (extra for larger sizes) and ship the shirts to you "ready to wear"?

6. Would you want something included that indicates "members only" status for forum members?

7. What colors and sizes would you be interested in?

8. What logo would you like to see on the shirts?

I am not making any promises as to whether or not I will take on this task. Your responses to these questions are the beginning of the process. I will allow about two weeks for everyone to respond. At that time I will analyze all the data we collect from your answers and proceed to check out suppliers for the shirts. Please allow me the time necessary to work out the details on this idea.

I am going to post a link to this thread in 2 channel...if any of you think a link to this thread should be posted in another section, please feel free to do so.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as golf shirt go, the best shirts I've ever owned weren't the most expensive, in fact they are Cintas's own shirt, Chestnut Hill. These shirts don't shrink, or fade and come straight out of the dryer, wrinkle free, as opposed to the expensive Nike shirts I own that are nothing but a PITA.

I would be looking to purchase a few shirts, Large if they are what I suggested, XL, if they are a different type that will shrink.

I would be open to any of the logos, but would prefer the PWK logo, I just think it looks better

1. What kind of price range would you like to see for the shirts being offered? Please include what you would be willing to pay for the shirt, monogramming/embroidering and shipping in the amount you give.

I have no problem spending about $25-30, or higher if the shirts themselves are nice. My company provided me with a shirt whose material is too thick - even in the dead of winter, this shirt is too thick for my thin skin. I really don't wear knit shirts (although I have a closet full of gifted ones). I like lighter material in light blue or something like a primary color (blue and red, NOT green, black is okay for evening wear (I live in Texas...and the sun is intense here). If it is a nice enough shirt, I may be able to wear it to work (discreetly).

2. If your expectations were met or exceeded on the price range, how many shirts do you think you would purchase? (This is just for ordering estimation purposes, no one will be held to any quantity stated in this thread.)

One.

3. Would you prefer a couple of different shirts to choose from? In other words, do you want a less expensive shirt, as well as a higher quality shirt to choose from? Would you like denim and polo shirts to be offered? What is your preference? Feel free to give me a link to a website you may have used for ordering shirts. I will take a look at any suggested sites and take those into consideration when making my final decision.

I think that any good quality oxford-style shirt would work for me, especially in light blue. I don't have a website address right now, but I'll look around.

4. Would you prefer to purchase the shirts yourselves and ship them to me for monogramming/embroidery?

This is one way to cut the stocking price (and taxes). Maybe just forward a set of web addesses for preferred shirts to your potential buyer, then have them deliver it directly to you for embroidery. Then you could forward to the buyer with delivery fees shown. You could think about stocking the shirts/sizes that seem to sell especially well.

6. Would you want something included that indicates "members only" status for forum members?

This doesn't have much attractiveness for me, but you may find others really like this idea.

Now this is an area of interest - some of the older Klipsch logos are really nice (the oval ones that say something like--"...the legend...", or the "Power. Detail. Emotion.", or "No BS"), but I see that they don't use them now. Too bad. I bet that Klipsch will likely have an opinion on this subject.

• Moderators

As far as golf shirt go, the best shirts I've ever owned weren't the most expensive, in fact they are Cintas's own shirt, Chestnut Hill. These shirts don't shrink, or fade and come straight out of the dryer, wrinkle free, as opposed to the expensive Nike shirts I own that are nothing but a PITA.

I would be looking to purchase a few shirts, Large if they are what I suggested, XL, if they are a different type that will shrink.

I would be open to any of the logos, but would prefer the PWK logo, I just think it looks better

I would not be recommending Nike shirts under any circumstances. I will probably offer one or two different logos, possibly three.

A denim long sleeve wold be nice. I have no particular source in mind, but quality does count. I own a Nationsbank embroidered denim shirt from a manufacturer called CYRK. It was for the Atlanta olympics and it has held up quite well. Price? I deem you a trustworthy person. Whatever it takes, but, generally speaking, 5 figures is out of line.

• Moderators

Black shirts will be offered, along with several other colors. We also live in the south and dtel can't stand black shirts...way too hot down here. The weight of the fabric will also be considered....some polo shirts are so heavy they are just plain uncomfortable.

"Members only" could be an option for those who would like it.

I will be stocking shirts that seem to sell the best, once we figure out what "best" is! LOL

I also like oxford style shirts and hope to have a selection available.

I can check with Amy regarding some of the older logos, I don't know what Klipsch's position is on the older logos. I really like the "No BS" one also.

• Moderators

I am very fond of denim. Extremely comfortable clothing.

I believe quality is at the top of my list. If I can't get top quality shirts and do the monogramming for a reasonable price, I won't pursue this for the members. In any event, I don't think we will come anywhere close to five figures! LOL

• Moderators

FYI, we have just recently rolled out a new logo. Guidelines are found here. We would appreciate it if you could stick to them as best as you can!

Let me know if you want to use a "retro" logo, and I'll see what I can find.

Remember, these logos have been approved for Christy's use for these special shirts for fellow forum members, and are not for profit. We do not condone their use for commercial purposes unless you are an authorized dealer with a signed agreement with Klipsch, or have special permission from us.

Thank you!

Amy, I would appreciate it if you could look into some retro logos. I understand the reasoning behind it, but the use of the new logo is uber restrictive.

That being said, I'd love to have a 100% cotton 3X tall bowling shirt (retro style...like this?) with, perhaps, the old style Klipschorn logo (as seen on the shirt in the Klipsch store). Or an older Klipsch logo (laser-line tag?) with "Power. Detail. Emotion. Bowling." underneath. On the front, I'd like my username with a BS button embroisdered underneath. A denim long sleeve would be cool, too. Another idea would be a service station shirt, with something like "Klipsch / Serving you since 1946" on the back. Of course everyone's name on the front should be Bob...

I'd pay good money for good shirts. Thank you so much, Christy and Amy! You're sweethearts!

dtel's wife: Great idea and after seeing your "Girl's Cave" I am sure the work would be "Top Notch". I would want a golf shirt and find that Cutter and Buck make excellent shirts, 100% cotton,nice and roomy, especially for those of us experiencing the dreaded middle age spread.

The current logo is nice with EST. 1946 & Power, Detail, Emotion. Not sure all the words could fit, you don't want it to look like campaign ribbons, but the EST 1946 could go under the KLIPSCH logo.

NO "Members Only", too much of a bad 80's flashback.

Never liked any Nike shirt I had, tend to run on the small size. The newer breathable style golf shirts tend to cling and leave some of us looking like overstuffed sausage casings. Not a good look.

I would be glad to send you a shirt and have you do the embroidary, and pay you for your time or make a charitable donation in your name to a charity of your choosing, So as not to violate any Klipsch rules regarding profiteering. Just a suggestion. Thanks for throwing this out there, Stephen.

I have received the okay from Amy to offer shirts embroidered with the Klipsch logos. I will not be making a profit on the items I offer. I do have permission to charge for materials and my time. That being said, I would like some input from those of you that may be interested in ordering shirts. If you guys/gals could answer a couple of questions for me I can begin the process of selecting shirts. These questions are important in my decision making process.

Polo shirts are my preference for embroidery/monogramming on shirts. However, most other shirts such as denim shirts or bowling shirts will not be a problem. I WILL NOT offer any embroidery/monogramming on T-shirts, so please DO NOT ask.

Questions:

25-30

I would order 2-3

S/S polo's for me will do

No

5. Do you want me to handle all the ordering of the shirts, charge a flat price (extra for larger sizes) and ship the shirts to you "ready to wear"?

yes

Yes that would be cool

7. What colors and sizes would you be interested in?

Tall Sizes PLEASE :) Colors, Black,White, Red

No preference

I am not making any promises as to whether or not I will take on this task. Your responses to these questions are the beginning of the process. I will allow about two weeks for everyone to respond. At that time I will analyze all the data we collect from your answers and proceed to check out suppliers for the shirts. Please allow me the time necessary to work out the details on this idea.

I really hope you do. The current Klipsch Gear does not have any shirts I like in my size and none are offered in tall sizes.

I am going to post a link to this thread in 2 channel...if any of you think a link to this thread should be posted in another section, please feel free to do so.