Klipsch Monogrammed/Embroidered Shirts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in both a polo and a nice, long-sleeve shirt (that I can wear to work). definitely prefer black with bronze lettering over the pocket; for polo--I like black-n-white (either way black shirt, white lettering or white shirt, black lettering) as well as the bronze lettering.

i'm in for two shirts (one polo and one long sleeve) and i'm sure my brother (also a forum member; but, not as active) would buy at least one also.

i'd prefer to have you order the shirts, so that i don't buy something and send it to you only to find out it won't work in your machine for some reason (hey, i'm a guy--i can screw up anything).

i'm sure that the amount of responses that you get will be overwhelming--i hope this is able to be done. A very nice offer that you've made. You get an additional 25,000 points. [:D]

FYI, we have just recently rolled out a new logo. Guidelines are found here. We would appreciate it if you could stick to them as best as you can!

Let me know if you want to use a "retro" logo, and I'll see what I can find.

Remember, these logos have been approved for Christy's use for these special shirts for fellow forum members, and are not for profit. We do not condone their use for commercial purposes unless you are an authorized dealer with a signed agreement with Klipsch, or have special permission from us.

Thank you!

Amy, yall have gotten bad advice from your art director and branding folks. The new logo is totally unmemorable, won't stick in consumer's minds, unlike the gold oval and Vee. That logo had the right combo of name, color and complexity to be a good mnemonic for the brand. I like the old PWK Vee logo, but for the current short-attention-span consumer's it's a bit too complicated.

FYI, we have just recently rolled out a new logo. Guidelines are found here. We would appreciate it if you could stick to them as best as you can!

Let me know if you want to use a "retro" logo, and I'll see what I can find.

Remember, these logos have been approved for Christy's use for these special shirts for fellow forum members, and are not for profit. We do not condone their use for commercial purposes unless you are an authorized dealer with a signed agreement with Klipsch, or have special permission from us.

Thank you!

Amy, yall have gotten bad advice from your art director and branding folks. The new logo is totally unmemorable, won't stick in consumer's minds, unlike the gold oval and Vee. That logo had the right combo of name, color and complexity to be a good mnemonic for the brand. I like the old PWK Vee logo, but for the current short-attention-span consumer's it's a bit too complicated.

I wondered too when I saw the new logo. I sense that they wish to target a younger demography. But if you really examine other market logos and advertisements for the 20 to 40 range they are quite creative many lending themselves to digital animation. The new Klipsch logo appears to be a default option. Not too much of anything, blocky and as noted here, unmemorable. Likely Klipsch is not very reliant on the branding power of its logo for market share and chooses to spend its advertising dollars elsewhere. And for us captured clientele, well, they got us in a stranglehold BAYBAY. Seriously Klipsch needs to get its name better recognized as an audio source. A recommendation: Klipsch now powers many movie arenas (too loudly I might add). They need to produce a video short to show to the prescreening audiences in all of these theaters. Many companies do this now. How powerful would it be for Klipsch to say, "look at the speakers on the walls, and listen to their clarity and strength. This theater is powered by KLIPSCH!" Even here in North Idaho our movie theaters use Klipsch. I already wear Klipsch marked clothing, to the theater, and nobody notices.

Its just different and may take some getting used to, nobody's attention span is shorter than mine, uuhhh where was i, oh yeah, i think its a classy design worthy of the name.

Can the older logo's still be used for advertisement purposes or is the new design the golden rule ?

By the way,

All of those logos are owned by Klipsch. Corp. If you want to design your own, that's legally okay as long as it doesn't infringe on existing copyrights, trademarks or "form patents" that may be in force. The name itself (in context of audio products) looks to be owned by the corporation, along with a few other copyrighted and trademarked names.

My guess is that if you want "special dispensation", a nice letter to a company officer might get the ball rolling. Amy is a messenger, not the person who can grant exceptions (with all due respect to Amy and all that she does).

My $0.02.

...especially anything referencing made in Hope.

Right on! How about a Shepard Fairey-esque image of PWK, with the words HOPE. ARKANSAS. underneath!! (Of course, PWK would be wearing a BS button...)

shepard_fairey_hope_2008.jpgklipsch_paul_article.jpg

Christie, it's a wonderful thing you are trying to do here, but I think in presenting so many options you've left yourself open to a lot of extra work. Not that women shouldn't work much harder than us males, wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea.[:D]

I'd narrow it down considerably and make it a one-shot deal. After all Klipsch is already selling t-shirts.

That said I thought you'd want to see a blue denim I scarfed from a pile of t-shirts that Greg number-number so and so (the refinishing guy) sent to me to hand out as prizes on the Forum. It's kinda faded, shirt quality is so-so, but it's got the traditional logo etc.

Be happy to send you a bigger pic via email if you need it.

Now get back to work and go get me a beer.

post-14801-1381955539895_thumb.jpg

post-14801-1381958230912_thumb.jpg

I have received the okay from Amy to offer shirts embroidered with the Klipsch logos. I will not be making a profit on the items I offer. I do have permission to charge for materials and my time. That being said, I would like some input from those of you that may be interested in ordering shirts. If you guys/gals could answer a couple of questions for me I can begin the process of selecting shirts. These questions are important in my decision making process.

Polo shirts are my preference for embroidery/monogramming on shirts. However, most other shirts such as denim shirts or bowling shirts will not be a problem. I WILL NOT offer any embroidery/monogramming on T-shirts, so please DO NOT ask.

Questions:

1. What kind of price range would you like to see for the shirts being offered? Please include what you would be willing to pay for the shirt, monogramming/embroidering and shipping in the amount you give.

25-30

2. If your expectations were met or exceeded on the price range, how many shirts do you think you would purchase? (This is just for ordering estimation purposes, no one will be held to any quantity stated in this thread.)

I would order 2-3

3. Would you prefer a couple of different shirts to choose from? In other words, do you want a less expensive shirt, as well as a higher quality shirt to choose from? Would you like denim and polo shirts to be offered? What is your preference? Feel free to give me a link to a website you may have used for ordering shirts. I will take a look at any suggested sites and take those into consideration when making my final decision.

S/S polo's for me will do

4. Would you prefer to purchase the shirts yourselves and ship them to me for monogramming/embroidery?

No

5. Do you want me to handle all the ordering of the shirts, charge a flat price (extra for larger sizes) and ship the shirts to you "ready to wear"?

yes

6. Would you want something included that indicates "members only" status for forum members?

Yes that would be cool

7. What colors and sizes would you be interested in?

Tall Sizes PLEASE :) Colors, Black,White, Red

8. What logo would you like to see on the shirts?

No preference

I am not making any promises as to whether or not I will take on this task. Your responses to these questions are the beginning of the process. I will allow about two weeks for everyone to respond. At that time I will analyze all the data we collect from your answers and proceed to check out suppliers for the shirts. Please allow me the time necessary to work out the details on this idea.

I really hope you do. The current Klipsch Gear does not have any shirts I like in my size and none are offered in tall sizes.

I am going to post a link to this thread in 2 channel...if any of you think a link to this thread should be posted in another section, please feel free to do so.

Very cool! My answers would be the same. Except the size. I'd take medium. (I hate these sizes: If I buy in Holland I need Large, if I buy in US I need Medium, if I buy in Italy I need XL. And sometimes this rule doensn't work and I am wearing a dress... [:@]

1. What kind of price range would you like to see for the shirts being offered? Please include what you would be willing to pay for the shirt, monogramming/embroidering and shipping in the amount you give. - I'd be happy with anything under $45 for a good quality Polo

2. If your expectations were met or exceeded on the price range, how many shirts do you think you would purchase? (This is just for ordering estimation purposes, no one will be held to any quantity stated in this thread.) 1under $55, 2@ $30

3. Would you prefer a couple of different shirts to choose from? In other words, do you want a less expensive shirt, as well as a higher quality shirt to choose from? Would you like denim and polo shirts to be offered? What is your preference? Feel free to give me a link to a website you may have used for ordering shirts. I will take a look at any suggested sites and take those into consideration when making my final decision. Polo for me. Different colors would be nice. Lighter weight better than heavy.

4. Would you prefer to purchase the shirts yourselves and ship them to me for monogramming/embroidery? No

5. Do you want me to handle all the ordering of the shirts, charge a flat price (extra for larger sizes) and ship the shirts to you "ready to wear"? Yes

6. Would you want something included that indicates "members only" status for forum members? Would be cool but not necessary. If so, something less obvious, something that doesn't scream "I'm a Klipsch Forum Member"

7. What colors and sizes would you be interested in? XL, Tan, Black, Brown, anything darker. Not white, not pastel.

8. What logo would you like to see on the shirts? Retro, something like the PWK logo, or a logo that is less obvious. Something that someone who loves Klipsch speakers will recognize but others perhaps will not.

Just my 2 cents, and thanks for considering.

Hey Christy, sorry I haven't read the myriad of posts on this subject, but I did have one thought. It might be best for forum members to send you the shirts (or whatever they want monogramed). That way there would be no question of fit or style desired by the purchaser. It should cut down on returns and miscommunications. You could concentrate on your art and not apparel procurement. Me personally, I'd like to send you a shirt and a pic of the exact style of print I would like. Let me know when you're ready. Just let me know how much and how you'd like payment.

Carl

I prefer quality. Price point is less important that the quality of the material and embroidery. As an example, I own a few Harley Davidson button front shirts with large embroidered backs (Eagles). They wash up fine. Quality is evident. I am guessing I paid around $115 for those.

My idea of a Klipsch logo is the simple text with the under V. Either on the left chest or even a full back. Black material with Gold embroidery is what I envision as a winter shirt. For summer, I wear LL Bean fishing shirts every day. I own probably 20 of them (white, yellow, mineral red, light blue, pale green, etc). $45 each with LL Bean embroidered above the left chest pocket.

As a reference.

...especially anything referencing made in Hope.

Right on! How about a Shepard Fairey-esque image of PWK, with the words HOPE. ARKANSAS. underneath!! (Of course, PWK would be wearing a BS button...)

shepard_fairey_hope_2008.jpgklipsch_paul_article.jpg

Fini, or anyone else that is interested, you can "Obamafy" any picture you like, if you have a Mac with OS X 10.5 Leopard. I have an older Mac, so I haven't tried it, but I want to: http://www.dubster.com/obamafy/