Forte Crites Upgrade

Southern

I did. I don't want to knock any of Bob's products at all because he's been nothing but stellar in his service, quality and communication every time I've dealt with him. But, I personally didn't like the midrange diapragms. To me they sounded almost too smooth, more laid back than the stock diaphragms. They're probably a good product for anyone who has any electronics in their setups that lean towards the bright side of sound. With the equipment I have they just didn't sound quite lively enough to my ears.

I've heard others say that they are better suited to speakers with exponential midrange horns such as Heresys, Forte Is, etc. instead of speakers with tractrix horns such as Forte II, Chorus II, etc.

If Bob develops a titanium midrange diaphragm (he's had a few prototypes made but nothing available yet) I would personally be very inclined to try them out.

Awesome. I noticed an immediate difference with the titanium diaphragms. The upper end has a significantly more detail and sizzle. Metallic instruments sound exactly like metallic instruments. Cymbals, triangles, etc. Best upgrade I've made by far.

I've heard others say that they are better suited to speakers with exponential midrange horns such as Heresys, Forte Is, etc. instead of speakers with tractrix horns such as Forte II, Chorus II, etc.

If Bob develops a titanium midrange diaphragm (he's had a few prototypes made but nothing available yet) I would personally be very inclined to try them out.

Just put Bob's CT-125's and his diaphragms for my K-53-K's in my '84 H-1.5's last week. Recapped them about 9-10 months ago. The sound used to be a little on the harsh side, but it's smooth as silk now...if that's the right phrase. Or maybe it should be, They are less tiring.

Anywho, along with my new Sub 12, I can now wait as long as needed to find that set of Chorus2's that aren't five or six hundred miles away from me.

Randall