need suggestions on damaged woofer

nocents

Well I drive 100 miles saturday to score some mint KSF 10.5, my first set of Klipsch....when I get home like a kid on Christmas morning much to my dismay I find one of the 8" woofers has a tear in the cone that wasnt there when I left....what are my best options ??...recone?...replace?...........is this particular woofer difficult to find?....I really would like to keep the look and fidelity as original as possible....as far as reconing since I really dont trust my own skills in this I dont live but about 20 minutes from "Parts Express" and could take it there for repair...anyone with any experience in that service they provide have any suggestions ......any help with this is greatly appreciated ahead of time and I look forward to the time when I can give constructive advce [:D]

If the tear is away from the surround area and is not too large you may be able to patch it with a small piece of paper, or a piece of old speaker cone, and some of the speaker glue that Parts Express sells.

If you run your speakers without grills or the tear is too bad, try calling the Klipsch parts department for a replacement. The cost is reasonable and the match is exact.

thanks for the response so far....no longer available from the factory so the tech suggested a shop not but 1.5 hours from me that they have had positive results with....waiting to hear back from him .........and plan B was successful tonight.....scored 2 like new drivers off the 'bay for a fair price...now I may end with 2 spares.....thanks again