Cornwall to Cornscala?

Toobwacky

I don't have enough room for a pair of Cornwalls, but I WANT a pair anyway!

My questions is, is there enough room on the front baffle and inside a Cornwall II cabinet to convert it to a Cornscala with the horns and drivers that are considered to be good candidates for a Cornscala project?

It looks like it would cost a minumum of $400 to $500 for the conversion and what does it do the the resale value generally?

Thanks!

BTW, if anyone has a minty pair of Cornwalls or Cornscalas they want to sell in the PAC NW, let me know. Lighter wood preferred.

Lots of Cornwalls have been modified to be Cornscalas by just adding a larger midrange horn. This would decrease the free air volume of the cabinet a bit, but probably not enough to be worth addressing. If you did want to compensate for the difference, probably a 1/8 inch thick gasket on the back panel mounting plus flush mounting the midrange horn would do most of it.

Bob Crites

i have done a two pair and I can not explain how much better they are than stock. The finished project compares to speakers that cost more than ten times as much. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/127018/1316803.aspx#1316803

I agree! Best $$ I ever spent on speakers.

Replacing the stock squawker with a wooden horn made a huge difference in mine. Got them from Gothover.

The next (and cheapest) upgrade is to get a pair of CT-125 tweeters from Bob Crites.

Finally, you will need new crossovers. You can get components from Bob and build your own, or I think Bob sells those as well.

You will not believe the difference!

Herb