What the heck is with this amp?

CapZark

Anyone ever seen an amp with connectors like this on the back? It's a Yamaha P2250C. I was hoping to use it for 2 channel audio, but there are no RCAs, etc. Maybe it's a Home Theater amp? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might run this thing with a pre-amp signal and then on to the speaks or am I out of luck?

post-42152-13819555755246_thumb.jpg

post-42152-13819582613906_thumb.jpg

Thanks, I found that too before I came here, but oddly enough the pictures in the manual don't match the back of this thing at all. The P2250 in the manaul has Phono jacks. The one I have is a P2250C? I can figure out what the big round inputs are? I guess I could use the XLR inputs, but they are 3 pin and the pre-outs on my existing reciever are RCAs (2 pin). I don;t want to blow something up especially my reciever or La Scalas.

It came from my brother's house. He had a new whole house system installed and this old unit was discarded to the basement. This is the way I found it when he asked me if I wanted it. Otherwise, it was probably headed for the dumpster. The installers just diked all the old stuff, so there you go. I seem to wind up with a bunch of stuff in this kind of condition, but hey at least the price was right [;)]

I seem to wind up with a bunch of stuff in this kind of condition, but hey at least the price was right Wink

Lucky you! It looks like a nice pro amp. Could the "C" in the model number mean it's a Canadian version?

Thanks Kouack. I think you just solved my problem. Once I get the pre-amp line signal into this thing with the cables you suggested, I should be good to go. And I think Don is right about the other inputs. I bet they support transformers. How that all works, I have no idea. I appreciate eveyone's help on this. You folks help make this the best forum on the web.

47771.jpg

The big round thing are usually for optional Crossover, the cable above is what you need, i do have 6 pro-amp connected to my AVR with that type of cable.

That's the exact cable I have going from my Marantz to my Samson pro amp for my sub. Works like a charm. You can also get RCA/XLR adapters if you don't want to order a whole new cable but the cable from monoprice is made very well and with a 25 foot cable there's zero hum or noise from my sub.