Center and Rear Matching for Chorus

PWH

I have a pair of Chorus and am currently using a Boston Acoustic VR-12 Center (actually sounds great) and a pair of Rock Solids for rears. Problem is with the RA's in back. BARELY hear them - Drowned out by the Chorus'. Any suggestions for rears?

I am running an Adcom (stack).

Anyone have any opinion on the BA for center???

jeffgeorge -

Thanks for the response. Now all I gotta do is cough up the $1350 (retail) for these beauties.

The room is rather small and narrower then most (about 15'). Are the RS-3's for wall mounting?

On another note, is there anyone out there that has a pair of Chorus, that feels the mids need to be toned down?

I have Chorus IIs since 1992 and have no complains what so ever, I remember my very first post on his board was to ask if they will macht my Infinity Kappa 8s. I only got one reply asking me to get rid of the Infis and get another pair of Klipsch. I did just that, got me a pair of KLF 20s and a C-7, just a perfect match.

------------------

Cruzer

You probably could match levels with your current speakers but the overall system output capability/dynamic range is going to be limited to that of the weakest link - that being the Rock Solids. So to have a really satisfactory system, I would definitely recommend upgrading center and surrounds to klipsch. Not only for the efficiency, but to provide a better timbre match all the way around.

------------------

JDMcCall

Assuming this is an A/V rig, I'd look for KLFs all the way around - C7 center, and whatever will fit for surrounds. Three channels across the back seems to be the way to go now, so three identical speakers there should be desirable. How about a trio of KSP-S6's across the back? Well actually, one centered on the back wall, the other two on the sidewalls, about even with the listening spot.

------------------

JDMcCall

• 1 month later...

The Academy (if you can find one) and the KSP-s6s make perfect companions for the Chorus IIs.

Parasound HCA-1500A THX Amplifier

Yamaha RX-V2095 Home Theater Receiver

Yamaha DVD-S795 DVD Player

Yamaha CDC-775 Compact Disc Player

Sony SLV-700HF VCR

Sony KV-35V35 Trinitron Color TV Monitor

Philips Pronto Remote Control

Velodyne HGS-15 Subwoofer

Klipsch SW15 Subwoofer

Klipsch KSP-S6 Rear Surround Speakers

Klipsch RS3 Front Surround Speakers

Klipsch Chorus II Front Main Speakers

Klipsch Academy Center Channel Speaker

Monster Power HTS1000

Monster Power HT800HP

I am using an Academy center and KG1.5's for rear surrounds with my ChorusII's. The KG1.5's are mounted on the wall above the couch. This combo sounds FANTASTIC.

The KG1.5's and Academy were bought used. Luckily they were all in "as new" condition. You have some GOOD options here........

(KLFC-7, KSP-S6)

Like you, I don't have the room for Chorus sized speakers anywhere else, so this is where I'm at.... I LIKE it!

I just got finished listening to the Roy Orbison DVD: Black and White night, The mids are PERFECT! Man, that was a good one! biggrin.gif

Have fun

Mike